• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Top Apps

Remember New Star Soccer? Remember how addicted everyone was? Now you can play New Star Cricket. Very enjoyable and quite hard to get used to. Certainly wastes some time in this crap weather.

Its incredibly difficult - I keep getting stuck in a vicious circle where I have a crap games, get dropped down the order, and my team mates hate me. So inthe next game I dont get any chances to do anything, leading to more crap ratings...

Motorsport manager is now free on iOS and Android

PUBG the biggest selling game last year is now available on iOS and Android for free. Had a few games and it plays really well.

Bit of a sideways step here....
Has anyone got a decent app for keeping up with cricket scores on your mobile?
Something like a little scoreboard or something.... BBC is alright but there must be something better out there...

The ECB official app. Does all the county and international games, customise it however you want.

Jurassic World Alive is out.

Pokemon Go but with dinosaurs. For the kids, obvs....

If you want to catch a dinosaur you should play ARK :)

Jurassic World Alive is out.

Pokemon Go but with dinosaurs. For the kids, obvs....

Oh good...I can't wait for all the morons walking aimlessly onto the railway level crossings while looking at their phones and ignoring the lights. Natural selection at its best :icon_lol:

I've become a bit obsessed with Duolingo.

I originally tried it out to see if I could refresh my limited German but then my wife suggested I had a go at Norwegian as we are going there in August. Now I can't leave it alone! I sailed through the first phase pretty easily but as always happens with languages, I am coming unstuck now plurals and things are being introduced. Trying to learn/remember the difference between an apple / the apple / the apples for example is a bit tricky.

I am really enjoying it though, and if all else fails I at least know how to say 'Do you speak English?' in Norwegian :)

I've become a bit obsessed with Duolingo.

I originally tried it out to see if I could refresh my limited German but then my wife suggested I had a go at Norwegian as we are going there in August. Now I can't leave it alone! I sailed through the first phase pretty easily but as always happens with languages, I am coming unstuck now plurals and things are being introduced. Trying to learn/remember the difference between an apple / the apple / the apples for example is a bit tricky.

I am really enjoying it though, and if all else fails I at least know how to say 'Do you speak English?' in Norwegian :)

It's ok, the methods are reasonable enough (way better than some of the other crap I've seen over the years) but ultimately it can only take you so far. There's no replacement for formalised learning and proper ground up structure. If you're serious about learning it properly then it's an "as well as" rather than "instead of". For a holiday though to somewhere you're not likely to go to very often, pretty good.

I started doing Italian on it but because there are so many relative similarities to French in terms of both vocab and structure (and I studied Latin many, many years ago too) the early levels were just a really dull grind where invariably I knew or could have a strong guess at the answer, so I stopped, it was about as much fun as playing the SPL with Celtic on the lowest skill level on FIFA. It's still on my phone, I might pick it up again one day, it'd be good if you could set a specific level to start from rather than having to go right from the start.

Yeah, I know it's only really useful to get me started but I'm just doing it for my own enjoyment rather than a serious attempt learn the language. I can't imagine being able to speak Norwegian is a skill I'd be likely to get much use out of!

It's fun though and quite addictive.

Yeah, I know it's only really useful to get me started but I'm just doing it for my own enjoyment rather than a serious attempt learn the language. I can't imagine being able to speak Norwegian is a skill I'd be likely to get much use out of!

It's fun though and quite addictive.
Det er ikke så vanskelig. :icon_wink:

If I ever start using it for no reason (and moreover, inaccurately) in normal conversation then you have my permission to clump me upside the head.

It was about 25 years ago as well.

If you did want to pick German back up Trev, just ask and I can help.

I wrote a massive grammar guide for beginners years ago but sadly this was pen and paper and it's long gone. Shame as I did a good job on that.

If you did want to pick German back up Trev, just ask and I can help.

I wrote a massive grammar guide for beginners years ago but sadly this was pen and paper and it's long gone. Shame as I did a good job on that.
Cheers mate. Unless, I get really into learning Norwegian I can't imagine keeping up with it too much after my holiday so I'll probably start back on the German.

I've started using Duo Lingo again - the language improvements are great but it's also good just to get the mind working on something different for 10 minutes a day.

The language itself isn't difficult, it is my almost 40 year old memory that is the main problem!

How did you learn, did you teach yourself?
Mostly self-taught, although I'd hardly consider myself fluent or even conversational. Not many Norsk speakers in north Florida.

Back