• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tottenham (A) 20/8 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm enjoying Nunes' willingness to burst forward to support the front three. Just need to get him the ball a bit more.

Reactions: jlo
How much we'd kill for a fit and firing Jimenez in this sort of team. We certainly wouldn't be short of chances that's for sure.

Now that we have players who get into the box and support the main striker, I think Traore might look a bit more effective playing that striker role. He'd get in behind easily with his pace and get one or two in the box for him to pass to and it could potentially work better than in the past.

Ok, so you want semedo to mark 2 players? Germany Portugal is a prime example of why the winger needs to track back. Or are you suggesting semedo as a winger? As that's mental.
Tracking back and positioning yourself at RWB are not the same thing.

We need to be at least 2-0 up before they bring in Richarlison.

Now that we have players who get into the box and support the main striker, I think Traore might look a bit more effective playing that striker role. He'd get in behind easily with his pace and get one or two in the box for him to pass to and it could potentially work better than in the past.

When has he ever run in behind consistently?

Reactions: jlo

He has to follow Perisic so he has little choice. If Perisic doesn't push on he doesn't go back there. It's cause and effect, always happens when 343 plays 433.

This is good stuff from us keeping the ball. Just need a little more creativity in the final third.

This is a good Spurs team, and we're very much matching them. Only Podence is a bit ineffective at the moment, but because of the type of player he is. Also, Kilman will be in the next England squad I reckon, he's come on so much.

Possibly I'd switch Neto to the left as RAN is running into defenders constantly.

He isn't positioning himself at RWB at all, he finds himself in that area sometimes when defending as he can't leave Perisic to roam there otherwise we will probably concede.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back