• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tottenham (H) 11/11: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are really short of anyone to partner Son. He is still insanely good though.

Would be disappointing to lose this one having gone on a decent run . 12 is still a relatively low number of points . Our home form is very solid recently , but has been heavily reliant on Neto performing to his usual high standard .
I'd take a draw at this point just to settle things after last weekend .

Some of the players have expressed their annoyance with recent penalty decisions that have gone against us in the media during this week . Let's hope that annoyance is channeled correctly in our performance this Saturday .

Spurs are unlikely to change their way of playing . Their away form is quite good , but they are not scoring huge numbers of goals ( apart from against Burnley ) .

O'Neil & co have had another week to figure out how to play without Neto . Let's hope they have used that time wisely .

We have a decent set of fixtures coming up post the International break which should ( if we are at the level we think we are ) yield us a decent number of points .
Fulham and West Ham away , Burnley and Forest at home , Chelsea at home , Brentford away and Everton at home . Arsenal away is the difficult one clearly .
If we have no Neto for all of those fixtures , then clearly we'll need to find ' a solution ' as Nuno would say .

O'Neil & co have had another week to figure out how to play without Neto . Let's hope they have used that time wisely .
What a bizarre thing to say, I am pretty sure they may have discussed it in passing.

What a bizarre thing to say, I am pretty sure they may have discussed it in passing.
Terribly sorry to have offended you Paul . I'll try harder next time............

Maddison is in the England squad so his injury clearly isn't significant. It's been very quiet on that front, I have a feeling he'll play

Playing for your team not an issue for Gareth so maybe presume not being 100% fit is also not a problem

Playing for your team not an issue for Gareth so maybe presume not being 100% fit is also not a problem
Stones went off injured a day after and he's not selected him, so he must have been told there's a chance he'll be fit.

Maddison’s injury was really odd, but I suspect the game situation was part of the reason he came off as opposed to it being a bad injury - though it was reported he didn’t train today along with Porro and Richarlison

Not sure there's anything in it tbh, not when you read what he says about Wilson:

Wilson came off with a tight hamstring at half-time of Newcastle's 2-0 defeat against Borussia Dortmund on Tuesday night, but the number nine has still been selected by Southgate for England's Euro 2024 qualifiers against Malta and North Macedonia alongside club team-mate Kieran Trippier. Eddie Howe said earlier this week that it was 'too early to know' the full extent of Wilson's issue and Southgate seemed similarly unsure.

"You would be amazed how complicated it is picking a squad because all clubs are sensitive to information and you're trying to piece everything together," he told reporters. "I couldn't be certain that everyone who's in that squad will be there on Sunday night.

"There are varying levels of doubt. Callum is probably the biggest doubt but, equally, I'm pretty confident the others can get through and they're all keen to be in the squad so that's a really good sign.

He's probably also annoyed that Arsenal ruled out Saka last time and he then went on to play pretty much of every minute of every game for them afterwards. And equally, Maddison will want to go if he can, he's already on the fringes as we head towards the Euros, you don't want to miss out and someone else has a great game.

Put it on Doherty for shits and giggles, they'll think the tech is working at 0.5 speed

During the warm up it would have been fairly standard I imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back