• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tottenham (H) 11/11: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
They're flying, obviously (at least before tonight's game, which I expect them to win). We have that cushion to the bottom four which is very handy but I also don't like writing off home games if we can help it.

I can't give a lot of input into how we played Saturday and what went wrong or right as I didn't see it. I did say at reasonable length that I didn't think 3 centre halves was right vs Sheffield United (you'll have to tell me either way) but it makes sense here.

Fortunately after this one we actually have games at Molineux where you'd reasonably expect us to win a few, we haven't even had one yet. Stupid fixture computer.

-------------------------Sa------------------------

-----------Kilman------Dawson-----Toti-----------

Semedo---Bellegarde----Lemina---J Gomes----Ait-Nouri

------------------Hwang------Cunha-------------------

2022/23: W 1-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2021/22: L 0-1 (H), W 2-0 (A), D 2-2 (H, LC, lost on pens)
2020/21: D 1-1 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2019/20: L 1-2 (H), W 3-2 (A)
2018/19: L 2-3 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2011/12: L 0-2 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2010/11: D 3-3 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2009/10: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2003/04: L 0-2 (H), L 2-5 (A)
1995/96: D 1-1 (A, FAC), L 0-2 (H, FAC)

Full house on the quiz, been a while.

Totti was disappointing on Saturday, but I wouldn't drop him as yet, would go with your team, lacks creativity but it always will without Neto.

Yay - first full house I think with nearly five minutes left.

They are on a good run but they aren't world beaters. With the exception of the home fixture against Liverpool (very lucky) and the away one against Arsenal, they're fixtures to date have been kind. They've been beating the sides they should beat and I'd include us in that category but we do have a chance.

Last edited:
Speaking with the Spurs fan at work he thinks they have been lucky in some games as they can be wide open in their desire to attack.
Balanced out by Maddison and Son being in shit hot form so they take advantage of others teams being crap in the final third (our skillset right there)

I would have liked to see Neto against Porro, that could have been a Joe Gomez first half style bloodbath, he can't defend. Oh well.

Having been at the game on Saturday I'm not actually sure what I would do for this week.

We weren't too bad in the first half so I could see us with no changes but as per DW's team above I think we would likely benefit from an extra man in the middle to combat the threat posed by Spurs.

I'm not looking forward to the game though - comfortable 2-0 win to Spurs for me.

They give everyone a chance at the back with how they play and Neto would have been a superb weapon to have for this one. I’m weirdly more optimistic here than against Sheff Utd but it’s hard to see us getting much without our best player.

They like to play out of the back constantly so it wouldn't surprise me to see an aggressive high press in this game.

...........................Sa

........Dawson - Kilman - Toti

Semedo - Lemina - Traore - RAN

....Bellegarde - Cunha - Hwang

Though you could easily switch Traore for Gomes.

Romero & Udogie sent off and van de Ven & Maddison off injured tonight...

The rest of them are going to have to do a lot of running as well and we have 2 extra days rest...

Romero & Udogie sent off and van de Ven & Maddison off injured tonight...

The rest of them are going to have to do a lot of running as well and we have 2 extra days rest...
Tbf it’s a bonkers game isn’t it. Loving the high line they’re playing with 9 men!

Such a shame Neto is missing. He'd rip their makeshift back line to bits.

After watching bits of last nights game, I'd go 4411 and get all of Hwang, Cunha, Bellegarde and RAN high up the pitch as often is as feasible without over committing. Lemina and Gomes in centre mid. Defence will be a worry, but we need to take advantage of their injuries and suspensions

Shame Neto isn't fit, this game would suit him perfectly. As it is, if Spurs play anything like last night, you'd hope Cunha, RAN and Bellegarde would have some joy, possibly another Spurs red card.

No Richarlison either

They're flying, obviously (at least before tonight's game, which I expect them to win). We have that cushion to the bottom four which is very handy but I also don't like writing off home games if we can help it.

I can't give a lot of input into how we played Saturday and what went wrong or right as I didn't see it. I did say at reasonable length that I didn't think 3 centre halves was right vs Sheffield United (you'll have to tell me either way) but it makes sense here.

Fortunately after this one we actually have games at Molineux where you'd reasonably expect us to win a few, we haven't even had one yet. Stupid fixture computer.

-------------------------Sa------------------------

-----------Kilman------Dawson-----Toti-----------

Semedo---Bellegarde----Lemina---J Gomes----Ait-Nouri

------------------Hwang------Cunha-------------------

2022/23: W 1-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2021/22: L 0-1 (H), W 2-0 (A), D 2-2 (H, LC, lost on pens)
2020/21: D 1-1 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2019/20: L 1-2 (H), W 3-2 (A)
2018/19: L 2-3 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2011/12: L 0-2 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2010/11: D 3-3 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2009/10: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2003/04: L 0-2 (H), L 2-5 (A)
1995/96: D 1-1 (A, FAC), L 0-2 (H, FAC)

I suppose it's a bit harsh on Doyle/Sasa to be dropping them both after one game (especially as us fans have been advocating them both being involved for so long), but I agree with your team above. I think Gomes/Lemina will be useful at snapping in to tackles and closing Spurs down, while Bellegarde will be useful with getting us up the pitch.

As others have said, it's a huge shame that Neto isn't available as I reckon he'd rinse their defence.

Horses for courses, isn't it. We don't have the grooved first XI/system that we had under Nuno and it's daft to pretend we do. So change it as it suits.

Like I argued against playing three centre halves against Sheff Utd and I will against Fulham and Burnley as well.

Shame Neto isn't fit because he's our best player tho, really.

Any match he misses makes us weaker. (Unless I decide he needs a rest 😉)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back