• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

Whilst we have free healthcare and housing, and strict gun laws, plenty of people will still want to come here.
Free healthcare is already on its way out, I’ve yet to see the free housing too.

It’s more the aspiration rather than the economic migrants - countries don’t look to the west anymore for an example of what life should look like. It’s done, question is just how long before it become apparent.

Free healthcare is already on its way out, I’ve yet to see the free housing too.

It’s more the aspiration rather than the economic migrants - countries don’t look to the west anymore for an example of what life should look like. It’s done, question is just how long before it become apparent.
Who do they look to now then ?
I used to work for a multinational company with depots in many, many countries, none of them thought of the UK as a utopia more of an anachronism. I think

The lady shot dead by police was a white 35 year old ex air force veteran called Ashli Babbitt. She was a "strong supporter of President Trump".

Weirdly, Sky News have an actual video of the moment she was shot (why?!). It's a single shot, in a packed corridor. Almost looks like it was an accidental shot.

The world right now, is a scary place.

I've seen it reported she was one of the group who were trying to break into the main room.

It's sad, but if the above is true then she put herself in harms way.

I don’t think this is true. XI is a despot and people know it. The Islamic world despised him for banning religion and democracies are wary of him because they don’t know what is and isn’t true.

I don’t think this is true. XI is a despot and people know it. The Islamic world despised him for banning religion and democracies are wary of him because they don’t know what is and isn’t true.
We'll see - China will be world's largest economy by 2030 I think? Democracy seems to be in terminal decline. China are very good at leveraging their soft power too.

We'll see - China will be world's largest economy by 2030 I think? Democracy seems to be in terminal decline. China are very good at leveraging their soft power too.
They’re too insular to wield power over culture in the same way Western democracies have, particularly the news cycle.

Hong Kong seem to be loving every minute of it

Trump has sort of conceded.

Not really, he's said there will be a peaceful transition of power but he still wont accept defeat, says the fight will go on. He was forced into that statement because even his biggest sycophants are turning.

Hopefully he gest drowned out once he's in power and just becomes an amusing sideshow.

They’re too insular to wield power over culture in the same way Western democracies have, particularly the news cycle.
They have been, fairly quietly, targeting countries with significant natural resources for a good while - example here:

Wars and arguments in the future will be less about politics and more about access to resources, water and energy. Countries with these in abundance are already massively beholden to China.

They have been, fairly quietly, targeting countries with significant natural resources for a good while - example here:

Wars and arguments in the future will be less about politics and more about access to resources, water and energy. Countries with these in abundance are already massively beholden to China.
Maybe, but they’ll never win a culture war and it is unlikely that western civilisations will ever rely on a China for resource.

The UK is scaling back from Chinese production and there is a move for ‘made in the UK’ (it was EU) to stop the march from China. There is a reason Germany ploughed billions into the infrastructure of its neighbours.

Other countries will still look to freedom as opposed to dictatorship and always will. China will have a revolution at some point as every dictatorship has had in history to date.

Talking of history it does look like Trump is modelling himself on Nero.

Decent article on how this permanently diminishes perception of the US:

Watching CNN I get the feeling he may finally be going down, not in 13 days but sooner, before he can maybe pardon the traitors, or himself.

A happy coincidence of that may be Pence gets to pardon him..

Back