• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

Maybe people like speakers who say what they want to hear.
By their actions, shall ye know them.

So Trump is a piss covered cretin?

i don't think we should leave out the trump university scam - repeatedly told it was breaking the law by calling itself that and described by one of it's ex-employees as "a fraudulent scheme ... that preyed upon the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money"

what a hero he is

Nope. It's all down to shouting!

stephen-fry-as-the-duke-of-wellington.jpg

I'd say Obama is the best orator in recent political history.

Absolutely. He may not have a great legacy but he was a superb and more importantly believable speaker. I can't remember a politician that spoke with such conviction, gravitas and charisma.

Trump is a shambolic mess by comparison, the shouty kid at the back of the class that's never had to work because daddy said so. A weapons grade prick.

Obama would have made a good actor, or preacher. I go back to what I said before though, this isn't about Obama, it is about Trump. Surely we should be looking at Hillary Clinton here, not Obama. She was the reason that Trump won, not Obama.

Obama would have made a good actor, or preacher. I go back to what I said before though, this isn't about Obama, it is about Trump. Surely we should be looking at Hillary Clinton here, not Obama. She was the reason that Trump won, not Obama.
That and stupid Americans who somehow voted for the oaf.

No, she's just as much history as Obama now. We just have to look at Trump and his supporters. It's the same impulse that blames Labour for the Tories. The only people responsible for electing these people are the voters who voted for them. And all the shit they get up to is on them. Not the opposition parties or candidates, not the people who didn't vote, not those who voted for other people but weren't persuasive enough.

Yes, it would be great to have stronger alternatives but don't vote for piss-stained racist morons if that's not who you want as a president. (Not you THM - I understand that you've been unable to vote in any of the elections you've been so passionate about recently so not really your fault.)

All of the Americans I know (8) and two I have met since, voted for Trump. All employed. None of them stupid.

OK, so 10 Trump supporters arent stupid. Just the rest.

All of the Americans I know (8) and two I have met since, voted for Trump. All employed. None of them stupid.

All the Americans I know ( hundreds of em) loads of them I have met, loads of them I live among, nearly all voted for Trump. All employed or retired. None of them I would consider stupid or intellectually challenged.

Which makes all this even more difficult to understand for me.

All the Americans I know ( hundreds of em) loads of them I have met, loads of them I live among, nearly all voted for Trump. All employed or retired. None of them I would consider stupid or intellectually challenged.

That's a fair comment PPB. I know lots who voted remain in the referendum, that was their decision, I don't understand it, don't agree with it, but I don't label them all stupid.

Maybe Trump represents the American Dream? Successful man with a huge business empire who certainly gives the impression he works hard and built it all himself. He's confident, direct, physically imposing and says what he thinks and doesn't take any crap from anyone.

Hillary on the other-hand doesn't represent any of these things, I think the perception is she got where she is by who she knew rather than her own hard work. She sometimes seems frail and maybe a bit eliteist / condescending of anyone not in the middle class.

60 % body language, 30% the way you say it and 10% what you actually say (or thereabouts)

Just my thoughts...

That's a fair comment PPB. I know lots who voted remain in the referendum, that was their decision, I don't understand it, don't agree with it, but I don't label them all stupid.

Leave and Remain both had good and bad points.

Trump is a serial business failure who confessed to sexually assaulting women. If you endorse him to be President then you need to justify that.

Maybe Trump represents the American Dream? Successful man with a huge business empire who certainly gives the impression he works hard and built it all himself. He's confident, direct, physically imposing and says what he thinks and doesn't take any crap from anyone.

Hillary on the other-hand doesn't represent any of these things, I think the perception is she got where she is by who she knew rather than her own hard work. She sometimes seems frail and maybe a bit eliteist / condescending of anyone not in the middle class.

60 % body language, 30% the way you say it and 10% what you actually say (or thereabouts)

Just my thoughts...

Indeed. He pulled himself up by the bootstraps after starting with nothing more than his father's real estate empire.

Indeed. He pulled himself up by the bootstraps after starting with nothing more than his father's real estate empire.

Yeah, we know it would have been more profitable for him to invest it all in a savings account and then spend his time finger painting but he does have the image of "successful businessman"

Back