• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

UEFA Nations League & Euro 2020 Qualification

It's on Sky.

Not that England games on Sky is a new thing, they had the rights for a good decade or more through the 90s and 00s.

It's on Sky.

Not that England games on Sky is a new thing, they had the rights for a good decade or more through the 90s and 00s.

To be honest I would rather watch England on Sky then on ITV. Mark Pougatch is like the colour grey & their team of pundits and commentators are even worse.

It's on Sky.

It isn't but if you want to increase the interest in a flagging International scene (outside of major tournaments) then sticking them behind a paywall isn't the way to do it. It strikes me as UEFA don't really care about people watching it or reaching a new audience and would rather take the money anyway.

I don't think they envisage the Nations League as being a major draw to be honest, not to fans anyway. It's just better than having friendlies and nothing else.

I don't think they envisage the Nations League as being a major draw to be honest, not to fans anyway. It's just better than having friendlies and nothing else.

Just may a well pack it in then. Have the qualifiers and nothing else. Give the clubs the extra weeks back and take a winter break (no friendlies allowed).

You are doubtless correct but, Christ, what a blinkered attitude to take towards a marketing opportunity.

You are doubtless correct but, Christ, what a blinkered attitude to take towards a marketing opportunity.

It's UEFA, nothing surprises me. They managed to take a fantastic international tournament, ruin it in terms of structure and now they've ruined it in terms of hosting as well. Probably the biggest dictionary definition of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" that there is in a modern sporting context.

They only care about the bottom line. For instance there are no FTA highlights of any Champions League or Europa League games this year as well as no live FTA games. They don't care that it's shoved away on BT and millions of people can't/won't pay for it. BT pay them enough, you get the gig, fuck the consumer.

Wales are going to face a very different Denmark team in this. None of their main players are involved due to a dispute over player sponsorship so players from the Danish lower leagues and futsal teams called up. John Jensen is managing the team until it's sorted.

Apparently the main group offered to play under the last agreement and reopen talks after the game but it was rejected by the DBU.

Makes it a bloody farce of a game. But we'll probably contrive to lose.

Makes it a bloody farce of a game. But we'll probably contrive to lose.
Not sure how true it is but I read that the last time the Danish Futsal team played for the main side, they lost 11-2 to Azerbaijan. So you may scrape a win [emoji6]

They only care about the bottom line. For instance there are no FTA highlights of any Champions League or Europa League games this year as well as no live FTA games. They don't care that it's shoved away on BT and millions of people can't/won't pay for it. BT pay them enough, you get the gig, fuck the consumer.

Didn't realise they's sunk so far as that. Blimey.

And that's why there is such a demand for hooky website streams. Necessity is the mother of invention

Well yes, and, to be fair, it's great to be able to watch all our league games in full now, but so far as the Euro comps are concerned, and with obvious exceptions, I generally only want to see the highlights, certainly until it gets to the KO stages, not be camped in front of the telly two evenings a week. I suppose the cricket will disappear from C5 next.

Two RBs starting for Ireland tonight. Doc is not one of them.

Where’s that Ireland team going to get a goal?

Wales are going to face a very different Denmark team in this. None of their main players are involved due to a dispute over player sponsorship so players from the Danish lower leagues and futsal teams called up. John Jensen is managing the team until it's sorted.

Apparently the main group offered to play under the last agreement and reopen talks after the game but it was rejected by the DBU.

matter resolved and a full strength Danish team will play Wales.

Back