• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

UEFA Nations League & Euro 2020 Qualification

Definitely more of a tactical plan under Giggs than there was under Coleman, no more "just give it to Bale and hope it works out", no more "play three centre halves whatever the circumstances even though none of them can pass". Ampadu looks a very good footballer early on and Brooks has started well too.

Ward and Duffy gift wrap a route for Bale inside on his left foot and he unsurprisingly scores.

Pretty sure this Ireland team wouldn't get promoted from the Championship. They're like a shit (or if you like, even shitter) Middlesbrough.

Wales do look good, easy to against this team but as Dan says, much more structured play.

Wales destroying Ireland and Denmark internet gamers up next. Not a bad start.

Hope dear old Wardy plays against us on that showing. Looks done.

Not all his fault of course, the midfield offers nothing, Ciaran Clark next to him is shocking and Darren Randolph belongs in League Two.

4-0.

Still a fair score.

Edit: Ward turning his back on it, no excuse for that.

Did he celebrate that like a 90th minute winner LMFAO.

We are still poor but with Bale obvs. So I expect some complete crap at the back.

Ramsey's fault tbf. I'd love to blame Ashley Williams in some way but I can't.

You've been very impressive but as I say this is a very poor Irish team, probably the worst I have ever seen them have in the last 30 years. No quality anywhere, no tactics, no attempt to play football and calamitous defending/goalkeeping.

They've used all their subs now too so no outing for Doc (don't really think he would have improved matters regardless).

I only watched some bits but was surprised by how much better Wales looked than under Coleman.

Mepham is a good player which should allow them to play a back four if they can get Williams out of it. And good for them to start blooding in Ampadu and brooks with some other pretty decent youngsters coming through too.

Mepham was excellent and has looked very good in the Brentford games I've seen. I guess that's why they were so ready to let Egan go.

They are very good at moving players on at the right time. As soon as a team offers anything over than what they value the player at they are just ready to move them on. They've made a lot of money in the last couple of years! I think Bournemouth made quite a big bid for Mepham in January mind so they must rate him really highly.

Bournemouth wanted him in the summer I think.

Back