• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

UKIP and Similar Watch

jose-mourinho.gif

How will the incredibly important (* I'd have never have known this if it wasn't for Raab C Brexit) shipping routes between Dover and the Continent work if there are floating walls in the way?

Why is that a referendum decision rather than just Government policy, if it has their support? Is it just them being spineless so that they don't get the racists offside? Not us it's the will of the people type shit?

Its a change to their constitution / way of government - generally you'd have a referendum for that sort of thing?

First Nation descendants are generally treated with contempt by the white population. No mainstream party would push such legislation through. It would be political suicide.

Not even close. Apparently the prime minister is going to address the Australian nation later this evening. Only ACT voted in favour. It looks like even Northern Territory is going to vote no.

Not even close. Apparently the prime minister is going to address the Australian nation later this evening. Only ACT voted in favour. It looks like even Northern Territory is going to vote no.
Territory votes only count for obtaining national majority, they do not count for states majority. There's a double majority process for determining the result.

Last edited:
It does seem bizarre that under normal legislative procedures the federal government can use think tanks, lobby groups and so on as a part of a consultation process, but not representation from Aboriginals and Torrey Strait Islanders.

The overall national vote is projected at 57% no. Western Australia are still counting but it won’t change anything.

I’m too new on the ground here to really comment on the why and wherefore, but I completely recognise your assertion that the treatment of the First Nation is appalling.

Certainly seems that way. Everyone round here seems delighted at the result. I know I shouldn’t be surprised but bloody hell.

Certainly seems that way. Everyone round here seems delighted at the result. I know I shouldn’t be surprised but bloody hell.
Heard a familiar accent in a Manhattan bar a few years back. Got chatting and transpired they'd emigrated from Wolves to Australia. Getting on beautifully until they started talking about the indigenous population.

Back