• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Villa 0-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Correct. Only I replied specifically to a post I made, which GW replied to specifically. Unless the other people who put up their usual smart arse comments are either GW's mother or brother then there is no need to reply to a specific post between 2 people. If Glasgow hasn't got a Glaswegian accent and he doesn't like my post then I'm sure he'll reply as such. I don't need anyone else to surmise he has one, or he is from there.
In fairness I see a lot of this shit going on here. If you don't like what I write then put me on ignore. It's seems a favourite trick on this forum from some. And if particular people don't want to hear anything else other than there own voice, then put a big disclaimer on the home page that you shouldn't join unless you only want to hear specific people's views, and read their posts.

As far as I'm aware directing a specific reply to one person really doesn't need anyone else to reply but that one individual.
tbf my view on the posts in reply to yours were an attempt at humour rather than 'having a go'. You're right there can be some snipey comments sometimes but I think in this instance it was just tongue-in-cheek

Glasgowolf isn't from Glasgow, he's from the Wolverhampton area, that's all people were saying

Glasgowolf isn't from Glasgow, he's from the Wolverhampton area, that's all people were saying
He doesn't need you to tell me that. He can tell me himself, That is what I was saying. I've spoken to him before about knowing particular people from our era of going to watch the Wolves.

Righto, just being a prick for the sake of it then. As you were

tbf my view on the posts in reply to yours were an attempt at humour rather than 'having a go'. You're right there can be some snipey comments sometimes but I think in this instance it was just tongue-in-cheek
And it was taken as such from my perspective. :)

Righto, just being a prick for the sake of it then. As you were
Listen fella. I have no idea what your beef is with me. You don't know me from Adam, and vise versa.
You started it with your snipey comment to a post that wasn't even to you. If you don't want a reply to it then don't reply to something that wasn't even directed at you. It's that simple!
I'll leave it there. Probably best if you put me on ignore so you won't reply to something I've written to someone else.

Anyhoo

back to the verdict

Watkins looks value. I would take him tomorrow so should we look closely at Toney?

Obviously you didn't make it as a comedian...... Here's a tip. Why not just let GW reply to my answer to him. I don't need a smart arse reply from someone who I didn't even reply to. The reply was directed at one person, not you, or the other guy who put up his smart arse reply.
Jeez fella, go out for a walk or something.

It cant be doing you any good to get so wound up about something so innocuous.

Anyhoo

back to the verdict

Watkins looks value. I would take him tomorrow so should we look closely at Toney?
I'd take either - think we are too late for Toney though.

I'd take either - think we are too late for Toney though.
What makes you think we're too late?

I'd rather we just spent the cash and went and got him. He's a goal scorer in the Raul mould.

What makes you think we're too late?

I'd rather we just spent the cash and went and got him. He's a goal scorer in the Raul mould.
Arsenal after him aren't they?

If Brentford go up then he isn't an option, teams don't get promoted and immediately sell their best player.

Anyhoo

back to the verdict

Not seen enough of Brentford to have an opinion on Toney as he is now. Always thought he looked a bit ungainly when I've seen him before, but his goal scoring record probably speaks for itself. I wanted Watkins last Summer, but realistically he was always going to Villa with the Smith connection and he's not the profile we go for - but that's another conversation

I just don't see us spending £30m on a Raul back-up who is ready to go straight into the first team.

Toney might be good, but he'd be daft to go to a team where he isn't automatic first choice unless it's one of the traditional big six.

I just don't see us spending £30m on a Raul back-up who is ready to go straight into the first team.

Toney might be good, but he'd be daft to go to a team where he isn't automatic first choice unless it's one of the traditional big six.
Why would we sign him as back up and not to play with Raul and Neto?

Or he could be Raul's natural successor as Raul is 30 this year and a year to challenge Raul and become number 1 might be a good thing for a player like Toney.

Why would we sign him as back up and not to play with Raul and Neto?

Or he could be Raul's natural successor as Raul is 30 this year and a year to challenge Raul and become number 1 might be a good thing for a player like Toney.
If we are going for 2 upfront then absolutely.

I'd like him to come, I just don't think it'll happen

Back