• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Villa 0-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

He'd probably have played tbf. Dicko was the main striker but got injured not long after that. We had to play one or both of Leon/McAlinden for a while then we signed Sagbo and Danny Graham on loan, with stunning success.

Whats his current value, 25 mill?
10m less than our Fabio then. Same price as Watkins. Same as Eze with add ins. We have set our stall out with Portugeezers and that will continue. Our signings will continue to come from left field and I fear, will continue to be hit and miss.

I like Watkins (his movement is excellent, the stark contrast with Willian Joke was there for all to see) but you'd be hard pushed to say he's *actually* worth £28m or whatever it was.

He's played every minute of every one of Villa's 26 Premier League games so far. He's scored in 7 of them. He had a run of 9 games without a goal previously, he's 5 and counting without one now.

It's too expensive to be focusing on the Championship, that said I was banging on about Eze ages ago.

I don't see Toney as someone we would go for and as I say if Brentford go up then forget it.

10m less than our Fabio then. Same price as Watkins. Same as Eze with add ins. We have set our stall out with Portugeezers and that will continue. Our signings will continue to come from left field and I fear, will continue to be hit and miss.
Yeah I doubt we will go for Champ player, seems a bit blinkered to me but thats how we roll.
Tbf a fair few of our 'left field' players have been ok, Boly, Jonny, Neves, Jota, Raul. I'd heard of none of them before we signed them ( I realise I'm behind on most players not in the Premier league), some were highly rated youngsters but players like Raul and Boly had hardly pulled any trees up before they came here. Hopefully at the end of this season we can find a couple more

I just googled it..lol. My Arabic is better than my Spanish, and that is saying something... Inshallah and Mushallah are the 2 words i picked up so far. My Spanish is resigned to Dos beer por favor. :ROFLMAO:
In fairness i would would love to hear you speak Spanish in Glaswegian accent. That would be something..

I have enough problems speaking English without trying it with a weegie accent 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣,My Missus speaks it with a weegie accent
My Spanish actually has suddenly become ok, it suddenly clicked but it is fucking hard.....

Too many Immigrants over here spend 30 years and speak less Spanish than you do....
google Translate is pretty shite to be fair, but a lot of people use, I only use it for Vocabulary, if I do not know a particular word.

Under Fosun
Good signings Raul Rui Jota Boly Moutinho Neves Saiss Ruddy Bennett Podence Neto
Average signings Semedo Douglas Dendonker Costa Cavellero Vinagre Bonatini Adama Jordao Hoever RAN
Poor signings Miranda Fabio Mir Ofosu Ayeh, Marcel Gladen Nazon Cutrone Vitinha Campana WJ

just look at how few forwards have been a success and stayed. It’s 11 in each category so 1 in three signings is coming off as a success. That must improve for a club like us. We can’t slunk millions on reserves. Our partnership with Mendes is meant to be mutually beneficial. He is in debit the last three windows. Up you step Uncle Jorge

there are other signings in and out but they were not really ever first team potential in the premier league and maybe a few in the above list aren’t either. But at a guess that poor signings list is over 60m quid spent.

Cav, Costa, Douglas were all good signings relative to where we were at the time, what they gave us and the profit we made on them. The duck wasn't signed for the first team and we made money on him

Many of the others can't be judged at the moment

The bigger issue is that we seem to be on quite a downward curve when it comes to the success of the signings, and indeed how excited we about watching them the Saturday after they sign. The last 5 windows have been really quite poor, both at the time the window 'slammed shut', and also months later when you look back. There's only really been Neto that's been an unquestionable success (as indeed I predicted at the time).

The hit rate when you're aspiring to be top 7 is pretty awful across the board tbh.

Look at Arsenal and Everton.

I'm not sure you can say "other than Neto" when he's probably one of the top 10 players in Europe of his age group. Yeah, apart from him.

I have enough problems speaking English without trying it with a weegie accent 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣,My Missus speaks it with a weegie accent
My Spanish actually has suddenly become ok, it suddenly clicked but it is fucking hard.....

Too many Immigrants over here spend 30 years and speak less Spanish than you do....
google Translate is pretty shite to be fair, but a lot of people use, I only use it for Vocabulary, if I do not know a particular word.
That's fair enough!
Google translate is not the best, but it helps me if I need to translate near enough.
If you do want to try a language that is really hard take a look at the Finnish language. I have some really good friends there and they have taught me a few basic words, but it's impossible to understand(for me) what they are writing and saying in Finnish. More than any other language I have come across....

The bigger issue is that we seem to be on quite a downward curve when it comes to the success of the signings, and indeed how excited we about watching them the Saturday after they sign. The last 5 windows have been really quite poor, both at the time the window 'slammed shut', and also months later when you look back. There's only really been Neto that's been an unquestionable success (as indeed I predicted at the time).
I think the problem is that first Summer we came up we signed Jimenez, Patricio, Moutinho, Dendoncker, Traore and Jonny and 4 of those went straight into the 11 and the other 2 broke in a bit later and have played a lot of games since. Since then the Windows we have had have been very hit and miss - you are always going to get that to a degree but we are due a window with a better hit rate soon i'd say. Especially in terms of players ready to come straight in and improve the 11.

4 of the signings from the Summer just gone (Silva, Hoever, Vitinha and RAN) were with an eye to the future but because other than those we only got Marcal and Semedo we were really relying on at least 2 of those 4 to be ready to start and contribute during the course of the season, I think all 4 have shown potential to varying degrees but none of the 4 look ready to start games on a regular basis for a Premier League team with top half aspirations.

Issue is ready made players that can come in step into the 11, cost a lot. The time is coming in the Summer where we will see if the people on here are correct who say Fosun can spend what they like now the Championship season is not factored in to FFP or if Spiers is correct - as he has been saying that we won't be having a big net spend and any big money signings would be dependent on a big money outgoing again

Well we know we theoretically have a minimum of £60m to spend before sales. If that was it or close to it we have to let all the loan players go back imo. There's smarter ways to spend it

So if we don't go big or sign the world class CB we all want - what will folks do?

Back