• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

WBA 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Silva showed some better hold up play than I have seen so far - got himself into the right position (even if none of the other players could see him) & showed a desire to try and shoot.

He's not Raul (yet) and the shots didn't have enough to beat a decent keeper, but he was there & will learn. Need to give him all of the last 4 games unless Raul can come back for a little (though wouldn't risk that unless it aids his mental state of being back on the pitch for a while this season)

We also have to find a way to stop opponent's crossing the ball under no pressure.
Was this an issue in previous seasons as from memory we've always allowed opponents to cross in to the box but we had numbers back to clear it?

Not sure either Podence or Traore will ever be good enough, personally think Podence is at his best ad a wide forward, but doubt we'll get 2 players in to replace and with Neto out for a while we're stuck with them.
OO was decent once he got going but god he's clumsy.
RAN was decent, Fabio good and Vitinha excellent.
MGW looked lively ib his cameo.
Not sure if Semedo is out of position a lot or has been told to defend that way but apart from the goal they had quite a few opportunities to get crosses in from that side with no pressure.

It's not just on one player though. When Semedo gets overloaded we have to find a way to defend that.

It's odd as we always mitigated for Doherty with Neves slotting back there or Donck. Not sure why that has been abandoned now? Unless it was a lapse this time round.

Strange however that when OO plays Neves comes further up the pitch.
Saiss took the position of RCzb for that cross, got caught under the ball, again and they get a free header 7 yards out, but feel free to defend that. He does it often enough.
We have only been pegged back three times this season when leading. Twice by these.
Better performance, glass half full. Defensively average.
Christ how do you double down on the shite you talk.

Saiss did not take up the RCB role FFS 🤣. He shuffled access like any player in a defensive unit.

Donck playing deeper (like he has a lot recently) allowed Neves more freedom.

Strange however that when OO plays Neves comes further up the pitch.
Saiss took the position of RCzb for that cross, got caught under the ball, again and they get a free header 7 yards out, but feel free to defend that. He does it often enough.
We have only been pegged back three times this season when leading. Twice by these.
Better performance, glass half full. Defensively average.
  • There's nothing like a big enough sample size to reflect on Otasowie's impact on Neves, bulk of his minutes have been tonight and Burnley where he's played right wing and up front respectively, that has no impact on where Neves positions himself. Perhaps a closer look at who played alongside Neves in those games might provide a relevant insight?
  • Are you trying to claim that if you put Saiss right of centre on the pitch he becomes some sort of short haired footballing Samson? He ends up in the RCB position because he fucks up, not the other way around, he was ball watching and lost his man, pretty sure he can do that from any position.

Owen has played 2 and a bit games? Surely Donck sitting deeper freed up Ruben today
Oh I agree but when they play as a pair that doesn’t happen. OO made that happen twice , here and Chelsea. It can’t be coincidence as twf doesn’t believe in that 😂

Christ how do you double down on the shite you talk.

Saiss did not take up the RCB role FFS 🤣. He shuffled access like any player in a defensive unit.

Donck playing deeper (like he has a lot recently) allowed Neves more freedom.
You need to go to spec savers

and don’t be rude. I wasn’t rude to you.
Please go and watch their goal again and tell me where Saiss takes up position!
Read my post properly before you try and get some click bait likes 😘

The problem with all the “get rid merchants is that we can only sell players that another team wants to buy.

Both Podence and Traore will want £100k a week and we will want £25m for each of them. No one will pay that.......because they’re not worth anywhere close.

By the way, I don’t want either of them. Just think it won’t be as easy to get rid of players as some may think.

Oh I agree but when they play as a pair that doesn’t happen. OO made that happen twice , here and Chelsea. It can’t be coincidence as twf doesn’t believe in that 😂
Its only Chelsea they have played as a pair?
Today he played out wide and v Burnley he was the false #9. So you are saying the 1, 45 minute spell they were together he got higher up the pitch. So where Owen played today didn't really impact on where Neves went. Donck was that influence today

Today he played out wide and v Burnley he was the false #9. So you are saying the 1, 45 minute spell they were together he got higher up the pitch. So where Owen played today didn't really impact on where Neves went. Donck was that influence today
Were they a pair briefly against Brighton when Otasowie missed the late sitter?

The problem with all the “get rid merchants is that we can only sell players that another team wants to buy.

Both Podence and Traore will want £100k a week and we will want £25m for each of them. No one will pay that.......because they’re not worth anywhere close.

By the way, I don’t want either of them. Just think it won’t be as easy to get rid of players as some may think.
If Podence is earning half that then he's on too much, he's done nothing to justify that sort of salary expectation.

You need to go to spec savers

and don’t be rude. I wasn’t rude to you.
Please go and watch their goal again and tell me where Saiss takes up position!
Read my post properly before you try and get some click bait likes 😘
Coady is marking the scorer......ball is played into the space that has been created behind Semedo. Coady tells Saiss to take his man so he can follow a runner. So is Coady now classed as a RWB if we are to class Saiss as playing as a RCB?

Traore will either sign a contract or go. Keeping him would be financial mismanagement

Were they a pair briefly against Brighton when Otasowie missed the late sitter?
Mout and Neves still on the pitch in that game I think, so Owen back in the famous false 9 maybe

Woooosh

I know that. Why did Donk play deeper today? Because Otasowie did his forward running for him . So in all the games Donk and Neves played without OO Donk was the forward legs yet today OO does it and hey fucking presto Neves is free and can have a bigger influence.

Can we also have a special mention for Silva who I thought was excellent this eve. Again, has a habit for finding pockets of space and doesn't shy away from the ball. He isn't going to win any 100m sprints but has plenty of other assets.

Back