• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

WBA 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

You need to go to spec savers

and don’t be rude. I wasn’t rude to you.
Please go and watch their goal again and tell me where Saiss takes up position!
Read my post properly before you try and get some click bait likes 😘
Saiss was in the middle of the goal, mainly because Coady passed Diagne on and moved forwards. It was LCB covering for his partner in the centre.

Coady is marking the scorer......ball is played into the space that has been created behind Semedo. Coady tells Saiss to take his man so he can follow a runner. So is Coady now classed as a RWB if we are to class Saiss as playing as a RCB?
We only played a back four so would have been RB!

Woooosh

I know that. Why did Donk play deeper today? Because Otasowie did his forward running for him . So in all the games Donk and Neves played without OO Donk was the forward legs yet today OO does it and hey fucking presto Neves is free and can have a bigger influence.
Play as a pair when you actually mean on the same pitch. Easy error

Right. I will leave you to this one and not swamp the forum with another game of lets move the goalposts.

Deserved all three points from that really, although the performance was more important imo.

Thought Otasowie looked raw but he has something about him and is worthy of a squad place. I quite like his gangly ways.

RAN had a couple of lovely forays deep into their half, need more of that from him.

Adama very frustrating, I don't know why he just stops dead when he gets into the box. All that does is allow the opposition to get men back. He needs to stop shooting all the time too.

Fabio put himself about as usual and it was lovely seeing him come off at half time grinning his tits off!

More Vitinha please. Liked his energy and vision.

There's something in this squad to work with, for sure

Actually, you know what let’s do everyone a favour and delete my account. It’s depressing having you lot gaslight me every game.
Admin. Please delete the account Cyber and remove any data and e mail addresses .
Are we not allowed to question something if we feel its wrong?

I will delete the account but i'm keeping your home address & bank details on file...

Actually, you know what let’s do everyone a favour and delete my account. It’s depressing having you lot gaslight me every game.
Admin. Please delete the account Cyber and remove any data and e mail addresses .
Let's not get silly.

You made some points on the game, people have disagreed with them and generally explained why, that's just a standard conversation.

Confirmed what we know. Semedo is poor defensively and we can't play 4 at the back with 2 defensive midfielders.

Vitinha was excellent, Otasowie and Silva had good games too.

It's odd as we always mitigated for Doherty with Neves slotting back there or Donck. Not sure why that has been abandoned now? Unless it was a lapse this time round.
It is odd, it happens quite often too. Maybe the thinking is that Semedo doesn't need as much help.

I can't fathom it though, our LB position doesn't get overloaded nearly as much.

Maybe Semedo is poor at defending and I'm just not seeing it or maybe it something else

It is odd, it happens quite often too. Maybe the thinking is that Semedo doesn't need as much help.

I can't fathom it though, our LB position doesn't get overloaded nearly as much.

Maybe Semedo is poor at defending and I'm just not seeing it or maybe it something else
I don't think it happened to Semedo very often in the game, he just got his positioning wrong in the first place that time. RAN had a few occasions where Furlong overlapped Pereira in the second half which caused us issues just Furlong's crossing was terrible.

Can we also have a special mention for Silva who I thought was excellent this eve. Again, has a habit for finding pockets of space and doesn't shy away from the ball. He isn't going to win any 100m sprints but has plenty of other assets.
There's a bit of Thomas Muller about him in that there doesn't look any stand out attribute when you watch him but he'll always find space in the box or drag a defender or 2 (as he did in the first goal in the win at arsenal) away that creates chances for others.

Hopefully as he continues to develop he'll be able to lead the line on his own or occupy the 10 role and play others in.

There's a bit of Thomas Muller about him in that there doesn't look any stand out attribute when you watch him but he'll always find space in the box or drag a defender or 2 (as he did in the first goal in the win at arsenal) away that creates chances for others.

Hopefully as he continues to develop he'll be able to lead the line on his own or occupy the 10 role and play others in.
Agree with this. If you have a number ten who looks to run beyond the striker (a Dele Alli type, of the top of my head) - I think Fabio would be fine as the lone striker, but what we ask of our number 9 he isn't really ready for right now.

Agree with this. If you have a number ten who looks to run beyond the striker (a Dele Alli type, of the top of my head) - I think Fabio would be fine as the lone striker, but what we ask of our number 9 he isn't really ready for right now.
I think he's made for that 10 role and wonder if we had players who actually run beyond him we'd see an even better player.

The way we have set up our 9 in this system we'd be better off with a Raul/ Watkins/ Toney type player with speed and power ( at the risk of going all Jackett). Particularly as Vitinha, OO and MGW love a slide rule pass.

What about Fabio rolling the Albion defender under Nunos eyes and he's clean through.

He appears to point that foul was further down the pitch, as if he decided the foul was on Neves. Making shit up

Back