• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

We Want Plates

Looks a decent breakfast tbf. Fuck the English breakfast nazis.

(Posted in the comfort of knowing I’m on someone’s ignore list :) )

Never mind the spade. WTF are hash browns doing ona full English?
Being facking tasty...
The spades obviously shite, but bollocks to beans in a bucket (or any other receptacle) too. Put 'em on the plate.

The “x shouldn’t be on a ‘full English’” view always confuses me. I want everything.

If you provided two plates in front on me exactly the same but one had an extra item, whether that be mushrooms, hash browns, beans, toast, whatever. I’m picking the one with more items every single time. Don’t think there is a single item that can ruin it. Just lots of greasy stuff with brown sauce and I’m happy.

Fried bread, not had it for years but I bloody love the stuff

I despise beans but I'm very much in the minority there.

Any other standard ingredients are fine by me in principle, but I don't like hotel breakfast buffet style mushrooms (invariably tinned) and I'd never actively choose scrambled egg over any other form of egg.

They do that at Mad O'Rourkes. Meant to be like what they would have cooked on a steam train
I forgive them for that as the place is otherwise ace.

Although, considering it’s a few minutes walk from my house I hardly go there. I must rectify that.

When I eat a full breakfast out, whatever is on there is getting eaten, if I cook it myself or have a choice then, Bacon, (decent) sausage, 2 eggs (prefer fried in lard) beans, tinned toms, mushrooms, toast.

Cooking for myself:

3 x Back bacon, unsmoked
3 x Black Farmer sausage
2 x eggs, poached (mainly as I can nail them but I am shite at fried eggs)
Tinned tomatoes
Mushrooms
1 x fried slice
1 x toast

Orange juice, a strong coffee and the Guardian/Observer to leaf through

Cooking for myself:

3 x Back bacon, unsmoked
3 x Black Farmer sausage
2 x eggs, poached (mainly as I can nail them but I am shite at fried eggs)
Tinned tomatoes
Mushrooms
1 x fried slice
1 x toast

Orange juice, a strong coffee and the Guardian/Observer to leaf through
Get rid of the mushrooms, make me forget I don't eat meat, and hot damn.

You lot nail breakfast.

Fried bread, not had it for years but I bloody love the stuff
Bethany's (not there now after the pandemic years) up next to the Billy Wright pub would do that - cooked fresh in view & half the price (at least) of the hotel breakfasts and a massive amount better (they would cook whatever you wanted if you had individual tastes

Not a massive English breakfast fan but this is making me really want one, in an ideal world:

2 x bacon
2 x cheapo sausages
Black pudding
Beans
Tomato
Fried slice
Hash brown
Fried and scrambled egg
Mountain of HP sauce

Back