• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

We Want Plates

Not a massive English breakfast fan but this is making me really want one, in an ideal world:

2 x bacon
2 x cheapo sausages
Black pudding
Beans
Tomato
Fried slice
Hash brown
Fried and scrambled egg
Mountain of HP sauce
My mate prefers cheap sausages too, bloody weird if you ask me, they're usually tasteless,
Takes all sorts.

People can put what they like on a full English but just don’t go separating the beans by putting them in a dish.

Went to Mad O'Rourkes right after we officially got married last summer. Romantic, ay we.

Superb food, the pies really are summat else.

Went for a trial run the week before and had the biggest tray of ribs I've ever seen. Again, something I don't mind not being served on a plate. Because not even Alan's Big Plate could have sufficed for those bad boys.

Went to Mad O'Rourkes right after we officially got married last summer. Romantic, ay we.

Superb food, the pies really are summat else.

Went for a trial run the week before and had the biggest tray of ribs I've ever seen. Again, something I don't mind not being served on a plate. Because not even Alan's Big Plate could have sufficed for those bad boys.
Who told you about my plate!?

Get rid of the mushrooms, make me forget I don't eat meat, and hot damn.

You lot nail breakfast.

Let's trade! I'd take pancakes and bacon over that 100 times out of 100.

Tbf I'd still take my ideal "American" (really Southern) breakfast.
I have an odd relationship with American bacon.

Pop that shit on my plate over here and you are getting hit in the face with my cup of beans.
Visit the US though and I am all over those crispy overcooked strips of fat.

Last edited:
We often have a brekkie on Sunday:

2 x smoked bacon
2 x Tesco Finest pork & caramelised onion sausages
1 x Fried egg
Mushrooms
Beans
Hash browns
Black pudding
Tinned tomatoes
Toast/fried bread

I have an odd relationship with American bacon.

Pop that shit on my plate over here and you are getting hit in the face with my cup of beans.
Visit the US though and I am all over those crispy overcooked strips of fat.
Wait...

What do y'all mean by "bacon", then?

Me too, although I'm currently trying to get an appointment with our practice pharmacist to discuss my cholesterol levels......can you fry statins?
I always take my statins sandwiched between black pudding and a poached egg 🤷‍♂️

Wait...

He means something over an inch wide that isnt 80% fat that you could drum in a marching band with, Canadian to you

Wait...

American bacon is streaky, we eat back bacon.

I'm with you on grits and gravy but not on a full fried breakfast.

I don't think you can beat a Scottish breakfast personally which has the addition of proper black pudding (Stornoway), square sausage and soda bread to all the loveliness you usually get on an English breakfast.

Last time I was in the states for breakfast they thought what I had was tame, they had fries and steak options!

Last time I was in the states for breakfast they thought what I had was tame, they had fries and steak options!
My Dad eats proper full on Mexican stuff when he's over there.

I love spicy food, not so much at 8am...

Also @Kenny and I went to London about 18 months ago. Messaged him asking if he wanted anything from Sainsbury's for the train as I was popping in. No ta, I've had breakfast in the Sunbeam*. Ok mate, no worries.

Apparently steak and chips was an option! Marketed as a "classic breakfast" too.

*He probably had a Carling too, I never asked.

Steak with a fried egg is classic American OTT.

Fucking delicious tho.

My Dad eats proper full on Mexican stuff when he's over there.

I love spicy food, not so much at 8am...
Don’t let Raúl catch you saying that!

A few of my coworkers are from Mexico City and they find what Americans call “Mexican food” to be hilariously un-Mexican.

Back