• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

We Want Plates

restaurants-in-Birmingham.jpg

Ice cream served in a kitchen sink in Brum?

That's at Rub isn't it?

I'll let them off some of their twatty serving styles as their food is pretty ace (expensive, though). I'm a little bit addicted to their home made iced tea too.

Completely forgot to take a photo but went out to eat earlier with the better half.

Had breaded mushrooms as a starter, fairly standard dish. Mushrooms were served in a mug, placed on a wooden board. The side garnish was placed on top of napkins so every time I tried to get some salad it was dragged round the board because of the stupid napkins on there.

A couple of the lads on here had the standard cup of chips in the London last Saturday. Ludicrous.

Lancashire hot pot.

This country.

DCTiph9XkAELuht.jpg

I'd honestly just get up and walk out. Utter nonsense.

The fuck is that on the right? Is that supposed to be mash?

On a slightly related theme, I got dragged to Digbeth Dining Club friday, a belated birthday thing with old friends.
Dim Sum Su is ace! & OMG, Urban Cheesecake are GODS!

I confess that I like a nice plating, and something different is often nice and refreshing but the way that this deconstructed/hipster way of serving food is getting at is so ridiculous.
I find it hard to believe that anyone is so delusional as to pass this kind of thing as some form of art.

Yes, this is genuine. From Shanghai, apparently.

DUYwkFAVQAENioT.jpg

Best one ever!

Presumably a pint of bitter on a plate as an accompaniment?
03c7d5d088972f4c0e6f90d25007eff3.jpg

A coffee with milk. Controversial , I know.

It doesn't have a name like that here. Maybe because you lot just say "milk" and we've got umpteen different varieties of milk to get snooty about.

Although that only presents further questions as to why she received the pitcher of water!

Back