• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome Bruno Lage

Can't bloody wait to see how we set up with this guy and what changes he makes to the team.

Watching us over the last 12 months has been dire, so hopefully we get out pizzaz back a little.

Whether he's here this time next year who knows, but at least it should be an interesting ride.

I'd hope that ability is the overriding factor in appointing a manager/head coach rather than nationality.
As in the ability to develop young Portuguese players? Me too.

The optimist in me says he can bring his attacking game and do well. The pessimist says the PL is extremely ruthless and we will concede too many goals and ability to grind out results. The realist says there is going to be quite a lot of personnel turnover and he is going to find it tough to get things up and running. A kind fixture list early in the season to allow us to gain some momentum could be the difference between mid-table and flirting more closely with relegation than we did this year.

I’d love to be the optimist, as you end up in the same place but enjoy the journey more, however I’m a realist and hope I’m proven wrong.

Potter is a manager many would have been pleased to see at Molineux and you could say he's a manager whose points haul doesn't often match how well/attractive his team plays, I'd settle for that in the short term under Bruno, but he needs some results to reassure the fanbase too

I’m looking forward to next season, I just hope the new gaffer is signing another centre back as a priority

The silence from Shi or anyone else so far from the club on the appointment, speaks volumes as far as I'm concerned. You'd expect something along the lines of why we've appointed him and how he fits with the vision of the club, but so far nothing!

I hope the first player we sign is a monstrously good DM, we will need it to play attacking football..

ANNOUNCE PALHINHA.
Palhinha wouldn't fare well at Wolves. He can't get away with treating other players as punching bags. Or getting 5 yellow cards and not being suspended.

excited for the new season, welcome to the club

people on this board talking down someone (who they didn't know anything about) with a better record than nuno (who they also didn't know about when appointed) on the day of his appointment, before he even has a chance to put a foot wrong (or right)... the negativity is doing my fucking head in

excited for the new season, welcome to the club

people on this board talking down someone (who they didn't know anything about) with a better record than nuno (who they also didn't know about when appointed) on the day of his appointment, before he even has a chance to put a foot wrong (or right)... the negativity is doing my fucking head in

I get your point, but looking up Nuno for the first time compared to looking up Lage in similar circumstances is totally different, and I do get people who aren't sure or maybe a tad worried.

And given what football means to people I don't mind if they then choose to be negative at the current time, issue will be if they stay negative when the evidence chances for the better.

Ignoring the fact the lad still has a paper round and is slightly annoying, this was an interesting video -

Good video. I think he may be the manager who can unlock MGW's potential...

Saiss didn't get away with getting 7 yellows (or something) in a season without getting suspended. And Palhinha was way more thuggish this last season.
More a point, he has learnt. His first 4 games for us = 4 yellows and what used to be a game of guess what minute he would get booked he went a long run without one last season

I get your point, but looking up Nuno for the first time compared to looking up Lage in similar circumstances is totally different, and I do get people who aren't sure or maybe a tad worried.

And given what football means to people I don't mind if they then choose to be negative at the current time, issue will be if they stay negative when the evidence chances for the better.

I don't have a problem with people being concerned, or even negative. Why lie? I've always preferred people to say what they think.

Rewind the clock 6,12,18 months though and being negative on TWF meant you had people coming at you from all directions.

I've yet to see anyone accuse DW or TT of not being Wolves fans or aiming 'We're Doomed!' memes at them, put it that way. It's interesting

Last edited:

I wonder how the Valencia fans reacted when Nuno was appointed there? Yet most on here seem to think he did ok at Valencia. His track record before that was not all that...

Good video. I think he may be the manager who can unlock MGW's potential...
its ok, not really anything new we didn't know.......his pronunciation of Lage and the word 'yoof' irritated me more than it should have

Back