• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves: Andy Lonergan

Arsenal wouldn't send him back here after we parked him on the bench behind a walking disaster for months.

Would taking Martinez on another seasons loan have been more costly?

Probably (loan fee and a % of his wages) and no way would Arsenal allow it even if we asked nicely.

Arsenal wouldn't send him back here after we parked him on the bench behind a walking disaster for months.
So basically we passed the opportunity of developing a young keeper last season so Arsenal would tell us to do one, as would the player.

When we signed Martinez there was no doubt we signed him to help us get promoted and then maybe go in for a bid to buy. Between Morgan downing tools and Martinez getting fit again the chance of any of that happening vanished. Why we didnt just ask Arsenal if they wanted him back in January, I don't know.

Wasn't there a big thing when we first got him along the lines of people knowing Wegner wasn't gonna let him go?

Forgive me if i don't get excited, an average keeper to be backup to another average keeper. I know this is where we are at but surely we should still be looking to improve on Ikeme. There was a point when Martinez signed that Jackett decided we needed an improvement but for some reason doesn't now and that can't be based on last seasons performances.

Hogwash Lonerghan is one of the better championship keepers. Really pleased with this signing. Potentially our best keeper since Murray. Ikeme will do well to keep the shirt

Classic lower end Championship keeper. Good shot stopper who can't control his area and is prone to the odd howler. If Ikeme gets injured/continues his $#@!e form then it'll have to be Batth/Willo in front of him because it'd be chaos with Eel/Hause/Iorfa.

He is hell of a lot better than that. Trust me.

http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/read-relishing-the-challenge-3138524.aspx

Ckb9JUMWEAAMtr5.jpg:large

"Hold the arms up Andy and hide the $#@!e Rainbow on the sleeves"

Welcome Andy. I have faith that given the chance you will show yourself to be a quality signing at this level. Good luck and welcome to wolves.

Hogwash Lonerghan is one of the better championship keepers. Really pleased with this signing. Potentially our best keeper since Murray. Ikeme will do well to keep the shirt

He really isn't. Like Lycan says i think most of us will have seen enough of him at this level and while competent he isn't an improvement.

He really isn't. Like Lycan says i think most of us will have seen enough of him at this level and while competent he isn't an improvement.

I would take him over old concrete boots every time.

WTF :icon_lol:

He's 32. He's been kicking around at this level long enough for me to make my own judgement of him.

Coming into his prime for a keeper then. Give him a chance Lycan. If I know anything I know a decent keeper. He could be worth 10 points a season on ikeme. At 6 ft 4 he has a good presence too.

If I know anything I know a decent keeper.

Why do people who have played as a Sunday League goalkeeper do this? I played full back for years, doesn't make me an expert on the position.

Stop hating on the Doherty then.....

Why do people who have played as a Sunday League goalkeeper do this? I played full back for years, doesn't make me an expert on the position.

Goalkeeper's union innit

Personally I think Lonergan is a safe, if uninspired signing. A decent back up at this level. He isn't going to suddenly turn us in to Atletico at the back.

I was always left out the team, I was an expert on our best players last season.

They were injured or sold

Back