• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves: Craig Dawson

I know I'm in the minority here but...

He used to be shite?

No he didn't. He's never been anything less than solid in his entire career. In fact he's been a fan favourite and widely respected everywhere he's been. Is it literally because he used to play for baggies, i.e. "Used To (play for) be(the) shite" or am I missing something? Or mishearing?

For those curious it popped into my head as I saw a wolves advert for a Dawson towel and then my mind went awandrin

If you're talking about the wider topic it's easy to turn your nose up players like Dawson, Lemina, and Bennett. Some would clearly add Doc to that list :ROFLMAO:

Obvs I'm just TV only and all I hear is 'used to be shite' and tbh they need to sort that shit out, just be better fans tbf. Firestick fans are a lot more eloquent generally

I hope he can reign his elbows in, but he’s ours now. Welcome, Craig.
I’ve realized that I had him confused with Michael Dawson.

Had a reputation for being dirty with elbows but always been a solid defender.
Never thought he was like Ashley Barnes with his elbows, where they’re used as a weapon. More that Dawson is fully committed and occasionally an elbow would catch someone. Quite a few defenders fall into the Dawson category and fortunately there aren’t many like Barnes.

Back