• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Diogo Jota

Welcome to Molineux Diogo.

This is going to be fun.

Welcome to Wolves Diogo. Another loan signing that I imagine if we get promoted will allow us to splash out on signing.

Ruddy

Boly Miranda Hause

Doherty Neves Saiss/Price Douglas

Costa Jota Cavaleiro

As a current starting point when Costa is fit (swap graham/Ronan in for him for now) is pretty damn good regardless of the fact we are clearly going to sign a striker too.

God I hope that this season is a good one, would it be typical Wolves for it to go pear shaped? I'm not sure we are allowed to be so optimistic

Crazy signing for this level.

I have a concern about the formation though, I don't think it's now set up to get the best out of our attacking players (especially if/when we sign an out-and-out striker). We shouldn't need that extra CH on the pitch most of the time, how do you think a lot of teams are going to set up at Molineux now...they'll have bugger all to do.

4-2-3-1 would work better for me.

------------------------Ruddy-------------------

Ofosu-Ayeh------Roderick-----Boly---------Douglas

----------------Neves--------New CM------------

-----------Costa--------Jota------Cavaleiro---------

------------------------New ST------------------------

3-4-3 isn't masking any issues for us, we need those two blanks filling regardless.

This transfer window is just unreal

This was my thought. Usually, close season is quiet, and the wolves section of TWF is usually almost abandoned. Not this close season! It's the mutts nuts.

I have a concern about the formation though, I don't think it's now set up to get the best out of our attacking players (especially if/when we sign an out-and-out striker). We shouldn't need that extra CH on the pitch most of the time, how do you think a lot of teams are going to set up at Molineux now...they'll have bugger all to do.

3-4-3 isn't masking any issues for us, we need those two blanks filling regardless.

I agree this formation on paper looks more balanced. Perhaps we are fielding three centre halves as a sort of handicap due to the ridiculous array of attacking talent we now have...

I hope we never go with the false 3 such as Cav/Jota/Costa. Just won't work out, we're not on Fifa.

I have some issues with the 343 as well as we currently look short of attacking options when our midfielders pick up the ball. Happy to see how it plays out and see if it can work but I would personally like a 433/4231 for our players.

Fantastic signing, get a striker and we will really be pushing for promotion this year.

Fosun delivering on their word.

Mmrk_f-maxage-0.gif

Absolutely superb signing. We have solved far more of the holes in the team than I thought we would, certainly in terms of the number of signings. And it's about time too, there's been far too much mediocrity stinking up the place for too long. Welcome Mr Jota, I hope you bed in well and tear up the Championship

If Nuno wants a striker who can link it all up with one touch passing - and who he has described as the key signing - does that no suggest 4231 ultimately?

Get someone physical and who can still pass next to Neves (not Saiss), and a decent striker and we are sorted for E's and Whizz IMO.

Welcome to Wolves, Diogo Jota.

I hope you have a successful time with us and enjoy it so much that you sign for us at the end of the season. :)

Back