• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Diogo Jota

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here. The wilder our dreams, the harsher reality may seem. We may well still drop points that on paper we shouldn't be in any danger of losing.

That said, welcome Jota. I think you'll find some of the defenders here won't much care for being played off the pitch by you.

We've just signed a versatile, regular, proven Champions League quality player, who is only 20 years old who can score and create goals.

Absolutely ridiculous.

We've just signed a versatile, regular, proven Champions League quality player, who is only 20 years old who can score and create goals.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Never mind this Champions League bollocks, it proven Championship quality that we need.

Brilliant signing!!

Do we even need to sign a striker? We could end up with a very fluid forward line, interchanging, running off each other and all the jazz :)

Someone to put a shift in?

Re: a striker: Perhaps we're going to play without one (in the Barcelona model, not Craig Levein's)?

Crazy signing for this level.

I have a concern about the formation though, I don't think it's now set up to get the best out of our attacking players (especially if/when we sign an out-and-out striker). We shouldn't need that extra CH on the pitch most of the time, how do you think a lot of teams are going to set up at Molineux now...they'll have bugger all to do.

4-2-3-1 would work better for me.

------------------------Ruddy-------------------

Ofosu-Ayeh------Roderick-----Boly---------Douglas

----------------Neves--------New CM------------

-----------Costa--------Jota------Cavaleiro---------

------------------------New ST------------------------

3-4-3 isn't masking any issues for us, we need those two blanks filling regardless.

I'm still at the 4-2-3-1 stage, I think it gives us more options going forward. I'd rather play Jota, Costa and Cav rather than 2 of those and rely on the Doc to provide width

Brilliant signing!!

Do we even need to sign a striker? We could end up with a very fluid forward line, interchanging, running off each other and all the jazz :)

We'll sign a striker.

If you buy a new house and spend a fuckload of money on the lounge and the kitchen, splash out a shitload on a bathroom with gold taps and ensuite bedrooms with four poster beds, you'd be pretty foolish to not then buy a roof to put on top of it.

I think if teams sit back against us then the wing backs just become auxiliary wingers and the middle CB pushes higher up into midfield and it doesn't look so bad.

Nuno has had a year at Porto who are expected to be continuously attacking during the majority of their league games so he should know how to set us up to break down a team that has just come to Molineux for a point.

I think if teams sit back against us then the wing backs just become auxiliary wingers and the middle CB pushes higher up into midfield and it doesn't look so bad.

Nuno has had a year at Porto who are expected to be continuously attacking during the majority of their league games so he should know how to set us up to break down a team that has just come to Molineux for a point.

Yeah, but Nuno wasn't playing three at the back last year.

I don't so much mind the wing backs becoming wingers if it's Marshall on the right. I have a much bigger problem with it if it's Doherty (as it probably will be early on in the season). He isn't anything like good enough to do that.

I think that's why Nuno wants a footballing centre forward so if we are camped in the opposition half way can use quick short passes to beat them. Or we let Jota, Costa and Neves hit consistent Thunderbastards at the goal from 25 yds.

This just gets better & better - a month still to go in the window & suspect that we are not done yet by a long shot

I guess we will be pushing a lot out of the door very soon.

I guess we will be pushing a lot out of the door very soon.

Mason will go as soon as we sign a forward (or possibly even 2) & we don't need as much cover at CH if Coady is being counted there

Him or Batth surplus & of the 2 would prefer to keep Coady as can cover more than 1 position & in an extreme emergency after a mass salmonella outbreak could be used in midfield (though I wouldn't want him to have to be) & he would at least have a vague idea of what to do

You've got to love the Fosun mentality. Costa's crocked? Never mind, let's go and sign someone better.

Welcome to Wolves, Diogo. I have a feeling I'm going to be sending you a lot of love this season.

Evans, Oniangue and Mason are the obvious soon to be casualties. I'd be surprised if we let any more go without further signings, excluding that of a striker.

Evans, Oniangue and Mason are the obvious soon to be casualties. I'd be surprised if we let any more go without further signings, excluding that of a striker.

Lonners is still here as well.

I think a few will go out on loan as well.

Lonners is still here as well.

Well someone has got to make the tea for them though - best if he just pours it out & lets them handle their own mugs as no point him trying to pass it to them

Back