• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves, Emiliano Martinez

Ikeme commands the area much better than Hennessey. Personally, I rate Ikeme more than Hennessey, which wasn't the case until he became our number 1.

Having said that, I've no issues at all if KJ thinks Martinez is the better keeper - if it makes us a better side, great. It's a good dilemma to have.

I'm not sure anyone can argue that Hennessey is better than Ikeme in terms of commanding the area, but I do think he (Hennessey) was the stronger keeper. Ikeme is prone to letting in long range goals and goes through spells where he is "unbeatable" and spells where everything flies in.

I'm not sure anyone can argue that Hennessey is better than Ikeme in terms of commanding the area, but I do think he (Hennessey) was the stronger keeper. Ikeme is prone to letting in long range goals and goes through spells where he is "unbeatable" and spells where everything flies in.

Was the stronger keeper, maybe. He had some superb displays in the Premier League. However, right now, if I was offered the choice, it'd be Carl every time. I'm hoping for a far better reaction from Ikeme to no longer being the first choice. Hennessey's reaction was not a good one.

If you're referring to his actions before the Gillingham match (wasn't he meant to be starting but refused?) I think he just wanted to leave: not that that was any excuse. When he had been dropped in the past - whether for Ikeme or Hahnemann - he always fought his way back in.

Me too Deutsch. Although you're one of the only people I've come across who shares a similar opinion re. Ikeme to me!

I still think Hennessey is the better keeper BUT has barely played in the last what, three years now? For that reason I see why people would rather have Ikeme

Back