• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves, Emiliano Martinez

Superb bit of business. Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see him become first choice.

Superb bit of business. Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see him become first choice.

The journo that broke this expects him to be our number 1 as Arsene stopped a move to Getafe as they were going to use him as a back up.

As Kenny said, i read that the reason he wasn't allowed to go to Getafe was that he would only be guaranteed so many games so i would expect him to replace Ikeme as first choice.

Didn't think we'd bring in another keeper TBH - and not sure we badly needed one, but if it keeps Ikeme on his toes, it's a good move. If he wins a place in the side and improves us, even better.

Welcome Emiliano - good signing

As would have only been happy with McCarey as back up for very short term only anything that puts real pressure on the incumbent can only be good as stops any complacency. Don't know enough about him to consider if/how easily he will oust Ikeme. Hopefully he will play tonight & we can start to see.

Wolves have done an E&S in a Tweet about his signing and added the wrong person

Wolves @ OfficialWolves 19m 19 minutes ago
WATCH | @ emimartinezz signs on a season long loan from Arsenal. See full video interview on Wolves Player & YouTube

Our new keeper apparently - https://twitter.com/emimartinezz

McCarey is shit and I haven't seen much of Flatt but he is only young so probably not ready. Therefore another keeper was needed.

Wolves have done an E&S in a Tweet about his signing and added the wrong person

Wolves @ OfficialWolves 19m 19 minutes ago
WATCH | @ emimartinezz signs on a season long loan from Arsenal. See full video interview on Wolves Player & YouTube

Our new keeper apparently - https://twitter.com/emimartinezz

She wins the best looking player award.

Does he not realise the season has already started?

Welcome Emiliano.

Pleased with that, once again we've got two of the best keepers in the league.

Not sure about this one. Don't like the idea of a keeper on loan coming in as first choice (if he is) and what that could do to the morale of Ikeme

Not sure about this one. Don't like the idea of a keeper on loan coming in as first choice (if he is) and what that could do to the morale of Ikeme

Agree with this. Unless there's an option to buy in there, I'm not sure I would want a loanee keeper as first choice. Not really a fan anywhere on the pitch, but particularly in goal.

Ikeme needs some competition for his place, so this could be a good signing. Like others I expect Martinez to become first choice in goal.

If he does well I imagine we will buy him at the end of the season.

It's also good to see we have a rapport with Arsenal after the Afobe deal too

If he does well I imagine we will buy him at the end of the season.

It's also good to see we have a rapport with Arsenal after the Afobe deal too

You'd think they'd stay away after we robbed them blind last time.

Like many I think an excellent piece of business. McCarey (not even thinking shot recent events) seems to have stalled in his development and needs to play permanently elsewhere. Now we have a young keeper who will be desperate for football having come from an excellent club, thus giving us very good competition in a place where our number one has a patchy fitness record,

We are definitely sending a message out at the minute. Another signing for an attacking/wide option would see is looking very strong!

Back