• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Jeremy Helan

Penk Wolf

100% | Moderator
Reaction score
Signed on loan until the end of the season. Described as versatile left-sider.

That came out of the blue. They're obviously not happy with Nathan Byrne.

As our current left side is so incredibly piss weak, this can only be a good thing.

Good luck Jeremy - and welcome!

Decent player, I hope he's not here as a LB as he can't defend. As a left sided midfielder he's obviously better than Rowe or playing a right sided player there.

Decent player, I hope he's not here as a LB as he can't defend. As a left sided midfielder he's obviously better than Rowe or playing a right sided player there.

He’s neither a left back or an out and out left winger from what I've seen of him. Better than any of the options we currently have though. Lets hope Kenny isn't considering wing backs.

Pleasantly surprised to see a new player coming in. Does he know what he's letting himself in for?

He’s neither a left back or an out and out left winger from what I've seen of him. Better than any of the options we currently have though. Lets hope Kenny isn't considering wing backs.

Indeed - neither Rowe nor Doherty resemble footballers so he can only be an improvement.

Could actually work, you know. Our defence is so poor, getting another centre back onto the field might not be the worst thing in the world...

Indeed - neither Rowe nor Doherty resemble footballers so he can only be an improvement.

Interesting use of photo from Wolves to announce the signing. Showing off Doherty's sheer athletic build...

CcDcrMeWwAAjg6O.jpg:small

I didn't realise that Doherty literally doesn't have a left peg. I thought you were just exaggerating.

Interesting use of photo from Wolves to announce the signing. Showing of Doherty's sheer athletic build...

CcDcrMeWwAAjg6O.jpg:small

Doherty & Henry ripped Helan to shreds in that game IIRC.

It worked for Holland to an extent in the World Cup. Covered up a massive weakness and let them actually play some football. It can work if you've got the right personnel.

Good signing Jeremy Helan he offers that power down the left hand side which we have been missing. Carries the ball well and will give us a better balance in midfield.

It worked for Holland to an extent in the World Cup. Covered up a massive weakness and let them actually play some football. It can work if you've got the right personnel.

We don't though. At least two of whoever we'd play at centre half are seriously immobile, so we'd be treated to the spectacle of tugboats getting pulled constantly into the channels. No-one is good enough to play out from the back which is vital if you're playing that system. Doherty trundling up and down the right at the speed of a sushi restaurant conveyor belt and never being where we'd need him to be is a depressing thought, whereas Iorfa doesn't have any end product so we'd have a real issue if he were playing there, so the right hand side doesn't work unless we play Byrne who doesn't appear to be very attuned to doing any defending.

We don't though. At least two of whoever we'd play at centre half are seriously immobile, so we'd be treated to the spectacle of tugboats getting pulled constantly into the channels. No-one is good enough to play out from the back which is vital if you're playing that system. Doherty trundling up and down the right at the speed of a sushi restaurant conveyor belt and never being where we'd need him to be is a depressing thought, whereas Iorfa doesn't have any end product so we'd have a real issue if he were playing there, so the right hand side doesn't work unless we play Byrne who doesn't appear to be very attuned to doing any defending.

You'd have to use Iorfa as one of the centre halves if you were going down that route surely, him and Hause either side of Williamson when he's fit should offer enough mobility to cover down the channels, might work alright for Doherty as he'd get more cover defensively.

Of course that's completely ignoring that I doubt any of them have spent any time playing that way and so would need a lot of work to fine tune the details of positioning and such.

Back