• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Leo Bonatini

I'm with Alan on this one, just because their local league is considered shit that doesn't mean none of the fans know what they're talking about.

Depends where you look really, doesn't it. At various points you could have found Wolves fans in the majority saying that Freddy Eastwood and Seyi Olofinjana were good, that Mick McCarthy was "thick" and should be sacked (while he was guiding us to Premier League safety) and that Owen Coyle would be a good manager. Look at some of our nonsense Player of the Year picks, voted for by fans.

Bear managed to find some Stoke fans online who liked Joselu the other day, doesn't mean he's any good (he isn't).

Depends where you look really, doesn't it. At various points you could have found Wolves fans in the majority saying that Freddy Eastwood and Seyi Olofinjana were good, that Mick McCarthy was "thick" and should be sacked (while he was guiding us to Premier League safety) and that Owen Coyle would be a good manager.

Bear managed to find some Stoke fans online who liked Joselu the other day, doesn't mean he's any good (he isn't).

Every town, club, country or whatever regional split you choose is going to have their morons, no doubt about it. I just don't think you can judge an opinion of an entire group as being useless based on the relative quality in their region, there are no doubt some very well informed people in Stoke despite their club largely playing complete wank football for much of recent history and likewise you'll have complete morons who haven't got a clue what they're on about in Barcelona. Who's to say what sort of exposure those Al-Hilal fans have had to football for them to base their opinions around, they might have only ever watched the local league and think everyone there is at the peak of the game or they might have been spoiled watching only Europe's finest previously so think anything below that is pure garbage, either way they seemed to have a split opinion on the new man from what little sense can be made of Google translation.

His Estoril record is good and he was previously highly rated. Not a great sign he went to Saudi but maybe this is his chance. Pretty sure we will be signing another striker but i hope he's good just so we can sing his song that surely will be similar to Gabbiadini's at Southampton.

Oooooooh Mendes went to Europe, to buy a Lamborghini, instead he bought a striker, his name is Bonatini...

Shame Saudi Arabia doesn't fit the tune, the geographical inaccuracy would grate with me.

It will be Rio by Duran Duran.

His name is Leo and he dances on the sand,
he plays for Wanderers, he's Nuno's main man
And when he shines he'll really show us all he can,
Oh Leo, Leo, hear us shout across the land

:icon_lol:

Best I've got.

333.gif

:icon_lol:

Alternative: LEO! LEO! LEO!

Terrace anthem.

Thankfully the South Bank will just go with "LEO LEO LEO"

I'm very encouraged. The season is long though, I think we'll see one more striker yet but towards the very end of August maybe.

Shame Saudi Arabia doesn't fit the tune, the geographical inaccuracy would grate with me.

Yeah it does, Jeff Shi went to Saudi to buy a lamborghini....... I've seen it already somewhere and i'm hoping it gets over.

Best I can do would be lyrics from Bs Scaggs Lido shuffle and change the words a bit

Leo woah oh oh oh
He's for the money
He's for the show
Leo’s waiting for the goal
Leo woah oh oh oh oh
He said one more goal ought to get it
One last shot and we’ll win
One more for the road

It will be Rio by Duran Duran.

His name is Leo and he dances on the sand
Just like our Costa twisting round another man
And when he scores he really shows you how its done
Oh Leo Leo take us up to number one!

It just about works

Best I can do would be lyrics from Bs Scaggs Lido shuffle and change the words a bit

Leo woah oh oh oh
He's for the money
He's for the show
Leo’s waiting for the goal
Leo woah oh oh oh oh
He said one more goal ought to get it
One last shot and we’ll win
One more for the road

His name is Leo and he dances on the sand
Just like our Costa twisting round another man
And when he scores he really shows you how its done
Oh Leo Leo take us up to number one!

It just about works

grf.gif

as I said its the best I can come up with. I didnt say it was asny ghood! As for a wombat calling me a trumpeting camel queef go forth you Australian quadrapedial marsupial! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back