• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Matheus Nunes

We do judge players (and managers tbh) quite quickly, don’t we?

Shit, even Phil Neville seems to have figured out how to coach a side in Miami. Weird how things work out sometimes.

More to the point, if Nunes is off to Liverpool in the summer, then it ain’t our problem anymore. C’est la vie.

I like the way he drives forward, and he can retain the ball well in a Kevin McDonald 360 spin kind of way, but in between those moments (that never really yield goals or goalscoring opportunities anyway) he drops some right clangers.

Like YW says, there's potential and he might just need time, or it could be that he's getting found wanting in a big league

I think they've needed someone to pick the ball up deep and drive forward for a while. They haven't got legs in the midfield. None of Thiago, Keita, Henderson, Milner, Fabinho, Elliot can do what Nunes does, on his day.
Klopp has never played players like that either.

Neither has Pep.

Nunes clearly has a lot of ability. I wouldn't lose any sleep at all though if he left for a small profit. Bouba (when available) has looked better for us despite a massively lower profile and price tag.

We could use that money on buying some actual goal threat because that above all else is what we lack, and I don't see Nunes ever offering it on his own.

Given how we are stocked in CM, I wouldn’t be grudge him going in the summer.

I don’t think it’s one or the other, but obviously if we kept neves and he signs a new contract, but get rid of nunes, then lovely stuff

He may go on to be a top player but I don’t think he’ll ever hit the heights playing for us. If we can make a profit then good luck to him at Liverpool.

I don't think we will make much of a profit, mainly because this was some sort of Mendes special deal if he does end up at Liverpool

I’ll take breaking even. Although I don’t think you ever break even when Mendes takes a 1/3

Back