• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Phil Ofosu-Ayeh

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
Official Official Now

Wolves‏Verified account @Wolves 2m2 minutes ago
✍️ We are delighted to confirm that Phil Ofosu-Ayeh is set to join the club at the start of July on a three-year-deal. #WelcomePhil

Nice. Welcome Phil.

Just a left back and a keeper to go.., promising stuff! Welcome Phil, hopefully you prove to be a good addition!

I wish him well, though I know very little about him. Maybe Deutsch Wolf could give us a bit more information about him.

Welcome, Phil.

Here is some footage of him in action. The video is 5 years old so hopefully his technique and touch has improved over the last few years (he'd have only been early 20's in the vid), but even from that you can see he likes to bomb forward and is absolutely rapid. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the table.

I wish him well, though I know very little about him. Maybe Deutsch Wolf could give us a bit more information about him.

Can't help you I'm afraid. I probably have seen him play but I can't remember anything about him (I suppose that's not a bad thing in itself, I tend to notice horrific full backs).

Can't help you I'm afraid. I probably have seen him play but I can't remember anything about him (I suppose that's not a bad thing in itself, I tend to notice horrific full backs).

Do you? Can't say I've noticed...

Very good English.

He's clearly been signed for a while then..."Huddersfield, when I saw the emotions yesterday", the day after the play-off final and he says "Yesterday we lost the play-offs"(to Wolfsburg) so that was filmed on 30th May. They've done well to keep him under wraps for almost a month

He's clearly been signed for a while then..."Huddersfield, when I saw the emotions yesterday", the day after the play-off final and he says "Yesterday we lost the play-offs"(to Wolfsburg) so that was filmed on 30th May. They've done well to keep in under wraps for almost a month

Before Nuno was appointed then. It will be interesting to see where he fits as this may well be the last Thelwell signing.

On the club website Thelwell says Wolves have been watching him for some time. So is Ofosu-Ayeh a Thelwell signing?

The thing is, as was mentioned before, Nuno has been the Wolves target for manager well before the season ended and he quit Porto on 22nd May so I'm pretty sure he will have had at least some say in him coming

On the club website Thelwell says Wolves have been watching him for some time. So is Ofosu-Ayeh a Thelwell signing?

We'll only know that after we've seen him play and have written him off as 'crap'.

Looks very pacey and likes the physical side of the game. Most of the youtube footage is old so I imagine he has improved since then. Very happy with the signings so far at least we have recognized what a car crash of a defence we had last season and are improving it. Hopefully a LB will follow and Silvio stays to play either as backup.

The thing is, as was mentioned before, Nuno has been the Wolves target for manager well before the season ended and he quit Porto on 22nd May so I'm pretty sure he will have had at least some say in him coming

I wouldn't be so sure on that. I don't think it will be a problem but I think it will be the last Thelwell signing as Uncle Jorge and Nuno plot some quality in the middle and up front. Left back may be an interesting position to fill too as I'd be laying down the money for Charlie Daniels from Leeds as his move to the A****n seems to have fizzled out.

I don't think we'll buy a 'keeper as I think the two youngsters (Ruddy and Burgoyne not Flatt) will be 1 and 2 respectively.

He's clearly been signed for a while then..."Huddersfield, when I saw the emotions yesterday", the day after the play-off final and he says "Yesterday we lost the play-offs"(to Wolfsburg) so that was filmed on 30th May. They've done well to keep him under wraps for almost a month

I wouldn't read too much into that. Just a linguistic slip in all likelihood.

this may well be the last Thelwell signing.

You keep saying things like this and then he keeps popping up with more players! We'll still be discussing the fuckwit's signings next summer.

Oh, and welcome Phil. I know nothing about him but glad to hear he's fast and hopefully Coady can fuck off somewhere else now.

Thing is as many of us said Thelwell has nowhere to hide now, if Bennett and Ofosu turn out to be shit then its all on him. I would like to see 1 or 2 Mendes wonder signings and I am sure they will come.

Back