• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Roderick Miranda

True. Doherty, Coady, Batth etc, maybe even Dave (unlikely) should all be worried, really. I'm just not sure who will take them off our hands, unless we give them away - which we may well do I suppose.
They'd all get moves to the Championship if we weren't asking for a lot. All depends on our expectation.

Winning for us is normal. We are the best club in the country and a world giant. We are (or were) also a club with strong ethic values. What Mendes and the chairman are doing is criminal to the club. One of the biggest debts in Europe. Sales champions every year. Kids with 18-20 years old pushed out of the club way too soon and damaging their careers (see Renato and Guedes as recent examples).
That isn't unique to Benfica. That is a symptom of playing in a league that monetarily simply cannot compete with the big four.

That's not Mendes' fault, that's just how sport works.

True. Doherty, Coady, Batth etc, maybe even Dave (unlikely) should all be worried, really. I'm just not sure who will take them off our hands, unless we give them away - which we may well do I suppose.

Not everyone will have the same view on players we do. If they did Greg Halford wouldn't have been signed the amount of times he has been.

That isn't unique to Benfica. That is a symptom of playing in a league that monetarily simply cannot compete with the big four.

That's not Mendes' fault, that's just how sport works.

Is it? Having that kind of debt in a small league. Having players with small salaries (when compared to the top leagues) at early stages of their careers?

What about having more than 100 pro players under contract? Some of them never stepped foot in stadium of light. How much is wasted on those salaries?

Seriously, it all seems bright now but trust me, in the long run Mendes will hurt Wolves. Just like he hurt Valencia, Depor, Standard... Benfica is 1 Porto championship away of a deep crisis.

Not everyone will have the same view on players we do. If they did Greg Halford wouldn't have been signed the amount of times he has been.

I think ultimately that might be the thing that finishes Batth off rather than his inconsistent performances over the past 3 years. He'll have takers in this division (and maybe even in the one above), we'll be able to move him on quickly and probably even make a lot of money. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go for £4M+ in this market.

Happy to keep Batth as 3rd choice to he honest.

Nah he can fuck off and take his quiff with him..

He needs to be about fifth choice...

Were it not for the Money Shop shit on the front, I would be happy with a shirt with Miranda on the back. THRUST!!*

*Yes - this relates to Miranda Hart comedy, just to wind up the Deutschster...

Hopefully he plays with lots of Hart and stays on his feet rather than making rash challenges

And people say that I am mister ranty. I tell you Johnny, I could be really offended...

Baath isn't as awful as people think, I actually think Miranda will take the pressure off him a bit and he'll play better if / when he fills in.

I'm a bit excited to see Hause progress with quality defenders around him

One thing is for certain, if we're going to try and play out from the back next season there's no way we can continue to carry Dave Edwards. We can't have him hiding all game making 20/30 passes over 90 minutes and refusing to offer a short option.

He's a bog standard Championship defender. Nothing wrong with that, he'd be decent as back up (which to be fair to Lambert, is what he seemed to be doing with him slowly). However, and maybe this is unfair on him, I became tired of the hoofball which largely resulted from his punts into the channels. To the point where he passed on opportunities to play a short simple person to a player near him. That and getting torn apart by Chris Martin annually..

He's a bog standard Championship defender. Nothing wrong with that, he'd be decent as back up (which to be fair to Lambert, is what he seemed to be doing with him slowly). However, and maybe this is unfair on him, I became tired of the hoofball which largely resulted from his punts into the channels. To the point where he passed on opportunities to play a short simple person to a player near him. That and getting torn apart by Chris Martin annually..

I wouldn't disagree with that and Batth's passing did get better as the season wore on. I think the lack of a midfielder wanting the ball in front of him didn't help either. His most successful spell in a Wol es shirt coincided with MacD in the side and that's no coincidence.

Well its my experience that tells me what to think. We are about to pay 10M for Atletic third gk. And another 15M for a Braga player we had on loan and sub-loaned inJanuary to Standard. He didnt get match time anywhere. Im so sick of Mendes...

Who is the keeper ?

You mean Danilo ?

What evedence do u have ?

Danilo has great strength , skill and potential

A footballing CB absolutely delighted, I hope he pairs with Hause with Bennett as backup. Now a LB please!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Back