• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome Willian José - Not Returned, DO NOT PANIC

Can’t remember Dan and Louie’s ideal team from the other day, but in a few weeks we could have -

Rui
Semedo Boly Cody Jonny
Neves Vitinha/Joao/Donk
Traore Podence Neto
WJ

Looks like a very good signing. We really need an injection of strength and experience. Hope he frees Nuno up to make some more effective team selections.
the biggest change he can bring is having the ability to hold the ball up front. Just having spells where our defence are not expecting the ball to come straight back at them will help. Might even mean our midfield steps up as the get the exciting chance of playing off the forward.

Fingers crossed but we have 1 more game to get through before we can see the light

the biggest change he can bring is having the ability to hold the ball up front. Just having spells where our defence are not expecting the ball to come straight back at them will help. Might even mean our midfield steps up as the get the exciting chance of playing off the forward.

Fingers crossed but we have 1 more game to get through before we can see the light
Not only that, he's an extra tall defender who can head the ball when needed. Knew he was coming, glad it' now official.

Have Wolves ever announced a player before gaining a work permit? They must be pretty confident, or keen to placate the fans!

Can’t remember Dan and Louie’s ideal team from the other day, but in a few weeks we could have -

Rui
Semedo Boly Cody Jonny
Neves Vitinha/Joao/Donk
Traore Podence Neto
WJ

basically but with Boly and Coady the other way around. I think with two DMs Ait Nouri would really benefit too at left back as Jonny probably still some time away from being ready

Rui
Semedo Boly Cody Jonny
Neves Vitinha/Joao/Donk
Traore Podence Neto
WJ
Does look good, but we're then reliant on Nuno implementing the right set up and mentality imo.

We've still performed poorly when we've had some big names on the pitch this season, hoping that WJ gives Nuno and the team something we haven't had for a while and helps everything else click. No pressure Jose!

Welcome Jose, delighted to see you in. Looks like the ideal striker for us.
Hope we're not putting too much pressure and expectation on him too soon.

Just need to learn how to pass it forward to him rather than knocking it sideways, backwards and around the centre circle

Hola????? He's Brazilian!

Welcome, Willian. Let's hope your on-pitch geography is better than our tweeter's.

It's hard to believe that one player could make the difference to a team, but i think this one will. Obviously we will find out, but we have missed Raul in more ways than people think. The only difference between him and Raul is he will be the new guy, and maybe he doesn't do defence as much right now. In every other way he is what Raul was. Holds the ball, poaches in the box with head and feet, can shoot, harries the back 4, can pick it up from midfield. We even picked him up for no money up front! No downside for me...

It's hard to believe that one player could make the difference to a team, but i think this one will. Obviously we will find out, but we have missed Raul in more ways than people think. The only difference between him and Raul is he will be the new guy, and maybe he doesn't do defence as much right now. In every other way he is what Raul was. Holds the ball, poaches in the box with head and feet, can shoot, harries the back 4, can pick it up from midfield. We even picked him up for no money up front! No downside for me...
I think it may be less so that his performances will change everything and make the difference (though having him instead of Silva will make a difference in some areas) but more that Nuno will set his team up with more confidence as a result of having a good, strong focal point. There's been games like Burnley away, Everton at home, where he has set up to cover ourselves due to a lack of options, when he perhaps should have just trusted some of the players a bit more.

Like his YouTube, and like his profile. I've never heard of tbh so no idea if he's any good or not, but fingers crossed. We'll still need to make serious changes to our approach, as he could have had peak Shearer up top for most of the season and people would be saying he's wank as he wouldn't be getting a sniff. Hopefully he can come in and do a job, give the lads around him a bit of a boost and encourage more attacking play

"It's hard to believe that one player could make the difference to a team"

Bruno Fernandes?

Welcome Willian Jose

I think it may be less so that his performances will change everything and make the difference (though having him instead of Silva will make a difference in some areas) but more that Nuno will set his team up with more confidence as a result of having a good, strong focal point. There's been games like Burnley away, Everton at home, where he has set up to cover ourselves due to a lack of options, when he perhaps should have just trusted some of the players a bit more.
For sure. I've seen Neto frustrated on more than one occasion with crosses to Silva get spunked because he's not currently good enough. That's just one player. Just as it was when Raul was there players will bomb it forward with a lot more confidence. This is obviously based on what we have seen from the you tube stuff of Jose. We are relying on him being exactly what is written on the tin!

"It's hard to believe that one player could make the difference to a team"

Bruno Fernandes?

Welcome Willian Jose
you missed "but i believe it will" off that quote. I'm confident. That's all that matters to me. ;)

Back