• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Brom (A, FAC) 28/1: Build-Up & Match Thread

So Fabio Silva scored more goals for us against The Albion, than Bully did?
Bully's first goal (and game) against Albion was 1989.

Iwan Roberts and Bull both have 4 against Albion.

Not sure what the record is, presumably Richards?

Richards only got 3.

Dougan scored 5 in 8 games against them.

Probably someone in the 50s who betters that?

31/37 on the quiz, missed the 3rd scorer at home in 2001. And then a few before 94 (to be expected 😅)

Think it's only fair to conclude that with:

- My quizzes (and old writing, if you like such stuff)
- Quirk's videos
- Lee Naylor's commentary
- Glasgow knowing everything about every club as soon as one fan enters his bar

New Invention is basically the centre of the Wolves universe.

It still blows my mind that "New Invention" is a place in Wolvo and not some hipster startup company.

Annoyingly it falls under the banner of Walsall (by a matter of yards). Which is why I went to QMGS and not Wolves Grammar.

Also meant I got a far higher concentration of Villa fans at school than you would expect which was of course, great.

It still blows my mind that "New Invention" is a place in Wolvo and not some hipster startup company.
Never thought to look up where the name comes from...I have now

This place owes its strange name to a simple circumstance. The tenant of the first house erected there was annoyed by a smoky chimney, and he contrived an ingenious apparatus to remedy the evil. ... he invited every visitor to see his 'new invention' as he called it. ... it was applied to distinguish his house ... and others ... adopted it also.[1] Hackwood states that the invention was "a hawthorn bush which was pushed out the top of his chimney."[2]

Annoyingly it falls under the banner of Walsall (by a matter of yards). Which is why I went to QMGS and not Wolves Grammar.

Also meant I got a far higher concentration of Villa fans at school than you would expect which was of course, great.

I'm not sure what would be worse at school in the 90s, loads of Villa fans, or loads of United fans, which is what I had (in Kidderminster :rolleyes: )

I didn't mind Villa, but then there were only a handful of their fans that I knew, and they were OK.

United however, I absolutely hated them, that hatred hasn't left me.

It's Walsall MBC administratively, but Wolverhampton historically and functionally.

Genuine story - it (and Willenhall generally) were merged administratively with Walsall rather than Wolverhampton in 1966 simply to shrink the size of Wolverhampton County Borough rather than make it the size it should have been. It's there in black and white in the official paperwork of the time.

For a long time I thought 'circular' was a place, because it said it on the front of buses. Only vaguely relevant but a worthwhile contribution I'm sure
And the 25 "Circular" service actually doesn't go in a circle, but sort of spirals outwards until it ends up at i54.

Full of trivial kakh today, me.

Back