• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham 5/4 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed Boly wasn’t in the training video along with Moutinho

I noticed Boly wasn’t in the training video along with Moutinho
An unnamed player has had to self isolated since returning due to someone on their flight testing positive. They’ve returned two negative tests though and could still feature against West Ham. Boly or Vitinha I reckon.

Neither Marques nor Lonwijk appeared for the u23s against villa

Now Podence is fit again I want to try 4-2-3-1 again, purely for that front four which worked so well against Arsenal. I'm assuming Joao isn't quite fit, but if he is then he'll play instead of Vitinha.

Rui

Semedo - Boly - Coady - Jonny

Vitinha - Neves

Traore - Podence - Neto

Jose
Yeah, I would like to try that out too

Given how Antonio bullied our defence in the away game, I think we're more likely to play four centre backs along with two wing backs than we are to play only two centre backs.

It's difficult to know what team Nuno will pick as there are several players who are being assessed after returning from international duty.

West Ham are playing well and are in-form, it's not just about Antonio.
It's going to be a good game if we can pick a strong side.

Well the last update from Nuno (yesterday) Raul is taking part in training games but still no contact. No player can challenge him so it would be an Easter miracle that makes Jesus say "that's an impressive comeback indeed"

We seem to be a bit guilty of building West Ham up as prime Real Madrid.
In fairness we were not at the races the first game and they ripped us to bits. We need to perform at a much higher level to beat them this time. They can see champions league football on the horizon which was unthinkable a few months ago or when we doubled them last season. Moyes has his Mojo back.

In fairness we were not at the races the first game and they ripped us to bits. We need to perform at a much higher level to beat them this time. They can see champions league football on the horizon which was unthinkable a few months ago or when we doubled them last season. Moyes has his Mojo back.
Apart from Southampton in the Cup that away game against West Ham was the worst (most painful) game of the season for me. Soucek has been a brilliant signing - hope we heed the lesson and go shopping in Eastern Europe, not just Portugal

I hope we hammer them ;)

I reckon after waiting weeks for a game we're in for a turgid 0-0 with this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back