• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham 5/4 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve backtracked a bit saying how they hope they are wrong etc.

he was in all the training videos so would probably have to have happened yesterday when they probably weren’t doing particularly intense session

They wouldn't have a diagnosis yet if he did it yesterday either? Seems a stretch.

They wouldn't have a diagnosis yet if he did it yesterday either? Seems a stretch.
Pain and swelling in the knee afterwards is pretty standard even if you’ve not actually done anything. I used to get it all the time even years afterwards.

You also have “moments” where it feels like you may have done it again and it hurts and swells up but remains stable and after a few days your good to go again.

So there’s a few outcomes:

1) it’s a total load of bollocks
2) he’s got a bit of pain and swelling but he’s fine, but obviously You can’t play at the top level with that.
3) he’s had a “moment” and just needs to rest it or get confirmation everything fine from a scan
4) he’s had the disastrous re-rupture. Wont have had a scan yet but he will know, and instant tests from the doctor will be pretty conclusive (the test(s) you see the doctor do on field every time someone goes down with a knee injury to check the meniscus and ligaments).

But as paddy says, he tweeted yesterday after training. And as YW says, they wouldn’t have done anything strenuous (although most the time it’s just unfortunate, like how he did it originally.

They say there’s no smoke without fire. But I’d say the list goes from 1->4 in order of likelihood.

Some more ‘connected’ Mix posters seem to be confirming bad news about Jonny (Castro not 75).

Assuming it's true about Jonny then I think we have to go 3 ATB.

Two options as I see it

RAN and Semedo

Or

Semedo and Hoever

I suppose we could do a back line of Saiss Coady Boly and Semedo.

If it is true, really harms our chances of playing a back four until Marcal is fit (lol) I think. Not sure we'll play Ait-Nouri there just yet.

Assuming it's true about Jonny then I think we have to go 3 ATB.

Two options as I see it

RAN and Semedo

Or

Semedo and Hoever

I suppose we could do a back line of Saiss Coady Boly and Semedo.
Yeah, I suppose you could put Saiss there like we did with Kilman last time we tried a back four but that was pretty horrendous and the time before we tried similar we lost at home to West Brom..

I think if RAN is fit he'll be LWB in a back five.

Apparently MM poster who confirmed it has a family member in the squad, or at least that seems to be widely believed on there, so unfortunately it looks like at least an injury of some sort is true.

Yes just saw that he posted. He is uncle to one of the young pups. It’s either Taylor or Perry.

I still hold hope that it’s 2 or 3 on my scale and not 4. As that would really piss me off.

If it’s the same injury again then there have to be questions about how quickly he came back.

His initial return was risky but the fact he’s got through several games since and it’s allegedly a training ground incident then it’s not really a slight on the medical team it’s more bad luck. There’s no such time as “no risk” with a return from this kind of injury.

He was also eased back in very gently. Couple of 45 mins before a 60 odd min, then a full 90.

If it’s the same injury again then there have to be questions about how quickly he came back.
Because an ACL injury is an impact injury (or twist) and the new ligament itself is likely to be stronger than the original ligament it seems to be a really unfortunate injury if it is a rupture.

It has more to do with the stabilising muscles in and around the knee (VM being the main one). If those aren’t strong enough to take the strain a twisting force (torque) greater than the new ligament limits can enable a rupture to happen.

I can’t imagine the club allowing Jonny back without testing that particular characteristic.

Probably best to see the team sheet then we will know for sure. I'd take that rather than a fifth hand rumour from an uncle of the cousins brothers mom etc.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back