• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham 5/4 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping it's a rumour designed to catch a mole in the club

Confirmed by Spiers. ACL, same knee. Gutted for him and us

Tim 2 reporting it now. Fuck.

Potentially career ending then? Awful for him.

Absolutely gutted for Jonny and obviously for us, as a club/team. Hugely weakens us and you only start to appreciate how good he is when the team is without him for so long.

We’ll definitely need another senior LWB/LB in the next window.

I know there are far worse things happening in the world but this is awful news. Get well soon Jonny, you’ll be missed.

Gutted, I hope he comes back from this. I don't expect to see him until the end of next season if he does come back.

Bollocks. This season is the gift that keeps on giving...

Shit, my favourite player, really feel for him, hoping he can get over it eventually

I can't remember this happening to a Wolves player twice since the 90s.

Potentially career ending then? Awful for him.
Obviously more severe a problem than the original but it shouldn’t be career ending.

The issue is what they use to graft the new ligament with. They’d have used his hamstring tendon for the original, but they wouldn’t be able to use more hamstring as it will already be about 80% weaker (from memory, might be wrong on that). They used to use patella tendon but this was always littered with problems so they stopped doing it, so this is an option, but what might be a better option is using the hamstring tendon from the other leg.

I’m not sure if there’s ability to use “artificial” graft as an alternative. But I assume not (or certainly not as successful) as they’d do this in the first instance

Last edited:
Moutinho and Boly out too. Fuck it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back