• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham (A) 17/12: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor play from Cunha there, weak pass behind Hwang, receiver immediately closed down and can't dig himself out of a hole so gives away a foul. Such a meek performance across the board.

The goals aren't on playing 4 across the back though, you can't setup a team to completely eradicate people having to defend 1v1, at some point you've got to back players to actually do their jobs and get the better of their opposite number.
More in this camp today.

At least 2 of the 3 goals simply should be saved, no ifs/buts about it.

RAN’s on isn’t he? A more competent manager might have set up better to mitigate those inadequacies
Yeah after 70 mins with the game already gone.

And he did set up for those inadequacies against Burnley and Forest, we picked up 4 points and the whinging about the performance was off the scale.

Today he's tried to be more attacking, played with 4 and this is the outcome - our joint biggest defeat of the season (another game we played 4atb)

I think he's been effected by the criticism of the last 2 games, a more experienced manager wouldn't have been.

Yeah I'm talking real time lino. Binning VAR completely not a major disaster for me.
I did some work on this a few years ago and the AR's at the very highest level barely touch 90% right. That's a huge margin.

The goals aren't on playing 4 across the back though, you can't setup a team to completely eradicate people having to defend 1v1, at some point you've got to back players to actually do their jobs and get the better of their opposite number.
The first goal is totally saveable.

The second goal if we have 5 we aren't as totally overrun.

The third goal is totally saveable and is a combination of both the formation and us chasing the game.

Glad he kept RAN off. Coufal would have destroyed him.

The first goal is totally saveable.

The second goal if we have 5 we aren't as totally overrun.

The third goal is totally saveable and is a combination of both the formation and us chasing the game.
It's almost like we need a new CB to play 4atb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back