• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham (A) 17/12: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Another game against a team who've just lost 5-0. They have a tough game at home to Freiburg on Thursday where they need a draw to make sure they finish top of their Europa League group and go through automatically.

Hopefully Lemina is ok, I couldn't spot where/how he got injured on Saturday. We could do with RAN back too as he offers a fair bit more than Hugo as it stands.

Obviously we know what they're all about, JWP off set pieces and Bowen tends to cause us problems. They're to be respected rather than feared though.

--------------------------------Sa-------------------------

----------------Kilman----Dawson----Toti------------

Semedo---------Lemina---------J Gomes-----Ait-Nouri

----------------------------Sarabia-----------------------

--------------------Cunha--------Hwang-------------------

2022/23: W 1-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2021/22: W 1-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2020/21: L 2-3 (H), L 0-4 (A)
2019/20: W 2-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2018/19: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2015/16: L 0-1 (A, FAC)
2010/11: D 1-1 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2009/10: L 0-2 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2004/05: W 4-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2003/04: L 1-3 (H, FAC)

Lemina's injury was just a tight hamstring, so possible it was just cramping up a little. Did the right think taking him off even though his replacement didn't add anything to the game

Lemina's injury was just a tight hamstring, so possible it was just cramping up a little. Did the right think taking him off even though his replacement didn't add anything to the game
I don't know the 'shot' made me laugh, most entertaining thing of the second half

Team pretty much picks itself atm, depending on injuries so DWs selection. Unless of course he decides to go 4 at the back, which he won't against these (and rightly so).

I don't know the 'shot' made me laugh, most entertaining thing of the second half
Worth it then.

How would you rate it v Lonners hitting s steward with his goal kick?

Those last three away games against these are so bad.

1) The first ever (?) objectively "what the fuck was that" performance under Nuno. We were incredibly bad. I wrote about it at length once upon a time.

2) In with a shout of chasing a European spot and Lage puts out a nonsense team so we lose 1-0 when they were no good either. Awful.

3) Then Lage's last stand with Neves at CH and him making Neto play on while injured.

I remember such a contrast with West Ham, the season before the battering under Nuno (19/20 I think) we were so much better than them and completely outplayed them twice. Then Moyes really turned them around and we got worse so it had completely flipped by the time we played them the next season.

I'd forgotten PlayStation Face was up top.

jesus-christ-truck.gif

I think the performance there in the 21/22 season annoyed me more complete inept display and created absolutely nothing.
It was a game when a lot of people became aware that Dean Lage was way out of his depth.

I think the performance there in the 21/22 season annoyed me more complete inept display and created absolutely nothing.
It was a game when a lot of people became aware that Dean Lage was way out of his depth.
Was actually one of Fabio's best games for us. Very low bar but he was our best player, gave Zouma a fair game and could have scored on another day.

So of course Lage dropped him for the next game and he was an unused sub as we lost 2-0 at home to Palace.

Why do West Ham get so many 1400 slots on super Sunday by Sky? They’re not actually that good to watch.
I think the other two at the same time would be better viewing.

Last edited:
Was Paqueta ever charged with anything regarding the betting/booking investigations?

Those last three away games against these are so bad.

1) The first ever (?) objectively "what the fuck was that" performance under Nuno. We were incredibly bad. I wrote about it at length once upon a time.

2) In with a shout of chasing a European spot and Lage puts out a nonsense team so we lose 1-0 when they were no good either. Awful.

3) Then Lage's last stand with Neves at CH and him making Neto play on while injured.

2) I rarely get really angry about football but I was as savage as a Viking warlord and that was just the teamsheet, I still haven't forgiven him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back