• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham (A) 17/12: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine going forward. It's defensively we've been awful. All their goals have been very basic.
Less "fine" and more "promising".

But as I say, if we never take the final step to recognizing the point of the movements we make, then none of it matters.

Our overall play has been decent; patient and controlled. The worry is that we're still horrendously hesitant to exploit space when our movement creates it. Perhaps because they know that anything hit at Bentley will go in.

We're not far off being a good attacking side but that last step is a massive one and it doesn't seem to be getting better even by small degrees.
This is way too optimistic for me. We’re a team without a convincing plan or individual conviction. We seem to be going backwards rather than about to take a step forward. Granted, a bunch of poor mistakes has cost us, but that’s likely to keep happening.

This is way too optimistic for me. We’re a team without a convincing plan or individual conviction. We seem to be going backwards rather than about to take a step forward. Granted, a bunch of poor mistakes has cost us, but that’s likely to keep happening.
I don't even feel like I've been that positive about it.

"Close to good" != "good".

And we have clear evidence in front of us of what "close to good" gets you on the scoreboard at this level. Fuck all.

This is on GON he set them up like this, he keeps playing tired players and bring dogshit like Doc on.
Going 4 at the back is on him, it's fucking awful.

But having to play low end Championship keeper Bentley and not having Neto and RAN available certainly isn't.

Also, Kurt Zouma can rot in Hell; it makes me furious how good a game he's had today.

But having to play low end Championship keeper Bentley and not having Neto and RAN available certainly isn't.
The goals aren't on playing 4 across the back though, you can't setup a team to completely eradicate people having to defend 1v1, at some point you've got to back players to actually do their jobs and get the better of their opposite number.

RAN’s on isn’t he? A more competent manager might have set up better to mitigate those inadequacies

I'll save the response to this for the verdict thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back