• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham (A) Build Up and Matchday Thread

We we’re the better team before the drinks break but it really dropped off after that. It’s not easy because West Ham are really defensive, but hoping we can create a bit more second half

4-3-3 with Donk or Saiss out and Adama in? Not sure Nuno will make a sub though..not been bad really, just meh

It’s great to be watching wolves again, but it’s not really football.

Neves is up for it. Couple of lovely balls. Jota looks threatening and him and Raul are linking ok.

Just need to be a bit quicker moving the ball. Make West Ham commit. Ask some questions of Rice in his secondary position.

Well West Ham are fairly crap. A game we really ought to win & hopefully we go for it right from the start of the 2nd half.

4-3-3 with Donk or Saiss out and Adama in? Not sure Nuno will make a sub though..not been bad really, just meh
I read that some German teams were making three changes at half time, so they still have two sub opportunities left to make on top of that.

Started much better than I expected! We’ve had spells of control but so have they.

Agree with those saying Saiss has been a bit off it at times, still made some good blocks but could do with more support when he has the ball.

Such a shame Jota didn’t get the pass right when he and Raúl broke through the middle, almost exactly the situation Nuno would have been hoping for.

I would get Traore and Neto on for Diogo and dendoncker at some point soon, but have a feeling it will be Moutinho who goes off when/if we change shape

It’s great to be watching wolves again, but it’s not really football.
Every game I've watched so far has felt like a pre season match. City the closest to playing at full intensity. I think it'll get better after 3/4 matches.

It's usually Neves that makes way instead of Joao.

Played well enough without really looking like scoring. Neves, Boly and Jota have been the pick of the bunch in the first half. Dendoncker hasn't really been involved enough and neither has Doc, we've mostly played down Johnny's side though. Would like to see Adama taking Cresswell on, he'd surely tear him a new one.

Decent enough, we have been the dominant team without the last move - not sure that we need 3 in midfield for the second half so Traore or Neto on for the Donck

(Sullivasn may have had a WH mask, but he wasn't wearing it - then again none in that box were wearing them properly so there worse than useless anyway)

Every game I've watched so far has felt like a pre season match. City the closest to playing at full intensity. I think it'll get better after 3/4 matches.

City by far and away the best and most suited to this, but it just doesn’t ‘feel’ like football. The fake crowd noise is rubbish and with none it’s exactly like a pre-season game.

Gone pretty much as expected. We’re the better team but bad decisions/execution to make that count. West Ham have been very average/defensive. Need to take a few more risks by getting more attacking players on. But I have no doubt this has been Nuno’s plan.

Jota has taken the wrong option when in good positions. We've done OK. Probably should be one up.

Not sure how much of the play being down our left is because that's the part in the shade...might see Doc a lot more involved 2nd half (would like to anyway as we know he's a threat)

Looked reasonably solid, couple moments aside. Will have to be on it as the crosses aren't going to stop coming. Been very close without a clear opening at the other end. We look ready and up for it though, which is the main thing.

From opta via Tim 2. Donk the obvious change
9806346ec41a9739b9762c8f14c15c4d.jpg

we really should change formation to 4-3-3 and then put pressure, instead of this approach, west ham are there for the taking

looking not only rusty but too defensive and lacking creativity, lets hope things pick up or a spark comes from somewhere

what was the point of that short kick

Back