• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What are you currently listening to....

My 15 year old got a copy of The Smiths:Complete for his birthday - it's been out a couple of years and the studio albums were remastered by Marr himself. There have bee so many re-releases of Smiths stuff I was sceptical but he wanted his own complete set so....

Anyhow, it is a noticeable step up from the originals - Marr has done a really good job on them.

Pretty much listening to nothing else at the moment.

Ryan Adams. I love everything about this man. Every few months I go on a crazy obsession with listening to him and I am currently in the middle of one of those.

I cannot understand how he has never released this track. The sheer volume of high quality unreleased material this guy has is unbelievable especially when you factor in how prolific his official album releases have been. I know there are at least 4 unreleased bootleg albums that I am dying to get my hands on - just release them already dammit!

The first track - End of the Beginning - starts like the original Black Sabbath and then has a breakdown that reminds me a little of Blizzard era Ozzy. Sort of like the middle section of I Don't Know. God is Dead? is a blistering track. The quality stays right up there throughout until Father Time finishes with a familiar sound of a thunderstorm and a bell tolling....

It is just fantastic

Nowt wrong with The Eagles.

For all the rockers on here check out the solo album by tom keifer he of Cinderella fame its good rocking stuff. Am I the only one who aint impressed with the new Sabbath album

Quite a few people aren't impressed to be fair. Just out of interest, what were you expecting?

That's a good question I suppose jolemai. I wanted something a bit more now whereas to me the album sounds like a rehash of older stuff.

It does at that. The first track is basically Black Sabbath, the third could be Children of the Grave and the fourth could be Planet Caravan.

Yep paddy the first track is basically black Sabbath and I think that's why I am disappointed with it. I am old enough to remember the first album being released and buying it with the earnings from my paper round and realising I was hearing something completely different to anything else on the rock scene something totally heavy. That first album was brilliant and paranoid was even better but I wanted something a bit different from them all these years later. My mate loves the new album so maybe I need to listen to it a few more times to get more into it

Dusted off my copy of 'Rides' by Reef and listened to it for the first time in years. I'd forgotten how much I loved that album. Total flop, mind.

Now I'm off to dust off my copy of 'Getaway'.

Listened to Urban Hymns this morning. I love that album. So many awesome memories.

Dusted off my copy of 'Rides' by Reef and listened to it for the first time in years. I'd forgotten how much I loved that album. Total flop, mind.

Now I'm off to dust off my copy of 'Getaway'.

First 2 albums are the ones to listen to my man. I don't think I've ever listened to my copy of Rides...
Getaway has a couple of great singles on it, but too much filler...

Listened to Urban Hymns this morning. I love that album. So many awesome memories.

I fucking hate the verve, and that album with a passion.
Got overplayed totally.
Ashcroft is a cock.
Worked in a pub whilst at uni when it came out & hated being surrounded by pissed twats singing along to it for the 50th time its been on the jukebox that night :argh:

Back