• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2018/19?

Where will we finish 2018/19?

• Champions league

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Top 6

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Top 10

Votes: 57 62.0%
  • Safe but no higher than 11th

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • Bottom 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think we will struggle: build up and pissing about at the back is ok in the championship. It wont count for much in the prem. I'm massively disappointed in the lack of signings we've made so far with the finances we have. No quality striker, no quality right wing back and no quality Defensive midfielder to replace Saiss. Having said that, we have the resources to buy more, come the Jan transfer window, to keep us up.
I'll be lumping on Everton come the opening day.

Sorry Arklowolf but reading back through the thread I came across this and wondered if the comments were aimed at being cautious to dampen the rather exited posts by many others? :beerchug:

7th.

We have 2 big games coming up. Extremely winnable whilst Watford have arguably the hardest at the scouse B******* away, and a dodgy one at home to Leicester who have just binned their manager

It is very do-able

If we're serious about finishing 7th then we absolutely have to be winning both games this week. Now of course we should, we have more points than both of them put together. But still.

Also, does anyone know what the Europa League chances are in finishing 7th?

What needs/needed to happen? Arsenal need to win the EL?

(I know we can do it by getting to the FA Cup final)

Also, does anyone know what the Europa League chances are in finishing 7th?

What needs/needed to happen? Arsenal need to win the EL?

(I know we can do it by getting to the FA Cup final)

Any of the top 6 win the FA cup, the qualifying place is 7th. Anybody else wins the FA Cup they go straight into the group phase of the EL and 6th place has to qualify.

If we're serious about finishing 7th then we absolutely have to be winning both games this week. Now of course we should, we have more points than both of them put together. But still.

I am happier about it being Huddersfield at their place. We can hopefully play more of our natural away game even if we have a shit recent record against that team bar one game. I just hope we don't try and out Cardiff Cardiff again. You know they will set up to stifle,spoil ,ruin, cheat. Its Colin's way . I think we beat Huddersfield and that cunt Colin wangles a point through pure luck, fluke or own goal. Still 4 points is the minimum for me this week. We really owe both of them so would love to see us stuff them both but Cardiff will be reeling after their Watford stuffing. Score first v Huddersfield and their heads will drop. They look like us under Terry Connor at the moment. A team devoid of all confidence. So don't give them anything to hang hope on.

I'm going all Cyber with how long Huddersfield have gone without a win making me anxious! I keep thinking they have to win again at some point, but then remind myself that we never did under TC when we were clearly getting relegated.

I do think the Cardiff game being at home will suit us far more. We will impose ourselves better on the game and not allow them to make it a scrap.

I was at Huddersfields game on Saturday, and they are truly dreadful. They made Newcastle look like City at times. There is no excuse for us not beating them.

I'm going all Cyber with how long Huddersfield have gone without a win making me anxious! I keep thinking they have to win again at some point, but then remind myself that we never did under TC when we were clearly getting relegated.

I do think the Cardiff game being at home will suit us far more. We will impose ourselves better on the game and not allow them to make it a scrap.

The one criticism I had of Nuno last year was a lack of plan b/not learning.
The one skill he's developed this season is having a plan b, and learning.
Kudos to him. We won't be outclassed by cardiff at home. They've had a mini bounce the past few weeks, but we're back to reality.

The fact that we are capable of both winning and losing every game we play is what makes supporting Wolves so, er, 'interesting', as the Chinese curse has it.

Is it about the right time for one of these? Given that the transfer window is earlier finishing this season I thought we were getting close. 3 weeks to kick off? Sorry if you think its too early but I am going for it any way

Personally I would look at a successful season being

1. 12-15 wins
2. 6-9 Draws

Cup quarter final in one of the competitions.

So by that maths 42 points minimum, 56 maximum- Based on last seasons table thats 7th at best , 13th at worst.

The fact that we are capable of both winning and losing every game we play is what makes supporting Wolves so, er, 'interesting', as the Chinese curse has it.

I was asked what I would say was ok for wolves to expect this season and I told the person about this thread. He wanted more depth so I went through the league. Would I be happy if we took the following points off the league? Yep.
Arsenal 1pt
Bournemouth 4pts
Brighton 3pts
Burnley 3pts
Cardiff 4 pts
Chelsea 1pt
Crystal Palace 3pts
Everton 3 pts
Fulham 3 pts
Huddersfield 4 pts
Leciester 3pts
Liverpool 1pt
Man City 1 pt
Man Utrd 1pt
Newcastle 3 pts
Southampton 4 pts
Spurs 1 pt
Watford 4pts
West ham 4 pts

That would give us 51 points.

Southampton now red as we got 3 points I wanted 4. Time to get three off Brighton. Still headed for my 51 points

Arsenal 1 up at v Watford

By your own metric 51 points would be disappointing though as to get that we'd have to not beat at least one of Brighton and Fulham. It's almost like you make it up as you go along

By your own metric 51 points would be disappointing though as to get that we'd have to not beat at least one of Brighton and Fulham. It's almost like you make it up as you go along

OH COME ON!!!

We have acheived about what 64% in the poll including me said we would with top 10 but I was the only one to put what I wanted against the whole division before a ball was kicked. Then I didnt think Fulham would be as shit. You are confusing what I wanted and what I fear through recent history i.e Huddersfield, Brighton. Given we have 2 wins in 15 against Brighton I would say not beating them is distinctly possible. Stop trying to debunk me for being me. As a maths teacher would say i got the right answer but my calculation to get there wasnt accurate, but it was bloody close! Only Cardiff, Huddersfield, Southampton and Watford failed to meet my expectation. They could still be joined by Brighton Liverpool and Fulham. That means we have met or exceeded my expectation against at least 13 teams in our first season back.The disappointing thing is that only Watford are a top half side and two, possibly three of those who have taken more [points than anticipated will be relegated. Given our season, I fail to see how that isnt an area we need to improve on next year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite the 4 points from Watford but I will take 3. We are at the top end of my pre season spread of 42 to 56 points.

I am going to be in with a chance of being right with my prediction of seventh. From whom the points are garnered is an irrelevance. Look at the table.

I am going to be in with a chance of being right with my prediction of seventh. From whom the points are garnered is an irrelevance. Look at the table.

I have lost beer to darlo but might get down off DW. Watford the bastards might scupper that

Back