• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2019/20 Version 2

Where we will Wolves finish

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks ND - I’m not a betting man, so do they think we are probably going to finish sixth, but arsenal are favourites to win the cup? (And the europa is too early to tell)?

From what he’s written, Chelsea are odds on favourites with the bookies to win the FA Cup

Basically the odds say Spurs are likely to finish 6th, Chelsea win the Cup and us winning the EL is unlikely, we're 4th favourites. Inter are favourites because of their favourable pathway

From what he’s written, Chelsea are odds on favourites with the bookies to win the FA Cup

Ah, excellent! Thanks!

I had arsenal as favourites based on their performance against us, but they were appalling against villa, so I now have no idea... One of the reasons football is so fantastic is the changeable nature of performances!!!

I'm worried that Arsenal will win it. The game means more to them than it does to Chelsea - who are already guaranteed European football. It is Arsenal's only chance, they have nothing to lose. Both teams are capable of having a great game, or a shit one. Presumably Chelsea are favourites because of their higher league position but Arteta has definitely made a positive change for Arsenal and current form is much closer - this month Chelsea are 4-0-2, Arsenal are 5-1-1.

I wonder how much Arsenal are motivated for Europa league football compared to us? Motivated to win the cup definitely! But to play in Europe? Not so sure.

Just beat Chelsea. That will provide Arsenal with motivation to knock Spurs out of Europe. Always concentrate on ourselves, and what we can influence.

I'm worried that Arsenal will win it. The game means more to them than it does to Chelsea - who are already guaranteed European football. It is Arsenal's only chance, they have nothing to lose. Both teams are capable of having a great game, or a shit one. Presumably Chelsea are favourites because of their higher league position but Arteta has definitely made a positive change for Arsenal and current form is much closer - this month Chelsea are 4-0-2, Arsenal are 5-1-1.

I think Lampard will be desperate to win the Cup in his first season. Think Chelsea will be 100% motivated for it.

Basically the odds say Spurs are likely to finish 6th, Chelsea win the Cup and us winning the EL is unlikely, we're 4th favourites. Inter are favourites because of their favourable pathway

Logic dictates that Jeff has a £10m double on Spurs to be 6th and Arsenal to win the cup which would pay about 3/1. He can probably get that bet on in Macau: if it pays off we're probably not in Europe but he has £30m towards Ruben Dias. If the bet loses he'll get his cash back from the European adventure...

Without the Burnley penalty we'd be playing for the CL on Sunday if Liverpool win tonight

Chelsea need just a point tonight to guarantee Champions League football.

Chelsea look toothless and without any shape.

We can beat them Sunday - no problem.

Tbf Arsenal looked dreadful yesterday yet somehow they outplayed us the other week

We can beat anyone on our day but that's what it will come down to, on the day

Chelsea need at least a point off us on Sunday, otherwise they could end up 5th.

Had that Burnley penalty not been given a win Sunday would have guaranteed us a Champions League spot.

Had that Burnley penalty not been given a win Sunday would have guaranteed us a Champions League spot.

Yep, Mike Dean really fucked us over with that terrible decision.

Jesus looking at the handful of games since Christmas/at the start of the season we should have won, and how close we are to the top 4, is actually upsetting.

Jesus looking at the handful of games since Christmas/at the start of the season we should have won, and how close we are to the top 4, is actually upsetting.

Baby steps :) Better to evolve steadily than overreach!

Baby steps :) Better to evolve steadily than overreach!

Can't think of one team that's properly broken the big 5-6 in a matter of a couple of years.

If we do it great! But if people are really upset now then sorry but they're deluded idiots and I dread to think what utter nonsense they'll be spouting if it takes us 5 years or so of being a settled top half/Europa qualifying type team...something I'd still consider as success and surely would still be within the longer term 'plan'.

Back