• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2019/20 Version 2

Where we will Wolves finish

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we do get the Europa place where we have to qualify does qualifying start before we've finished this one! ?

Yes, but not for us. Assuming we don't win it then if we finish 7th and Chelsea win the Cup or 6th and Arsenal do we'd enter at the same stage as the previous season, which would be 3 one off ties before the Group stage from 17th Sept

Yes, but not for us. Assuming we don't win it then if we finish 7th and Chelsea win the Cup or 6th and Arsenal do we'd enter at the same stage as the previous season, which would be 3 one off ties before the Group stage from 17th Sept

Really not going to get any break are they!

Villa beat Arsenal 1-0 which means at least 7th for us.

So it's 7th at worst. Playing for 6th and we're all Chelsea fans the week after

So 7th at least, along with more points than last season and a good run in the EL means a slight improvement on last season......still feel a bit disappointed if we don't make 6th though

Let’s hope Chelsea win tomorrow too...

Makes their game against us a dead rubber so they rest players for the cup final

Makes their game against us a dead rubber so they rest players for the cup final

Are you sure? If Man U win their last 2 games they would have 68 pts

Chelsea beat Liverpool gives them 66 pts needing to beat us to go 3rd with 69 pts

Am I missing something?

Are you sure? If Man U win their last 2 games they would have 68 pts

Chelsea beat Liverpool gives them 66 pts needing to beat us to go 3rd with 69 pts

Am I missing something?
Leicester are playing Utd, win tomorrow they are in the CL

Leicester are playing Utd

But not until Sunday

Man U are at home tomorrow vs West Ham. If they win that they will have 65 pts and go above Chelsea on 63 pts. If Chelsea then beat Liverpool tomorrow then they will go to 66 pts.

If Man U lose to West Ham, then if Chelsea beat Liverpool, our game on Sunday would be a dead rubber.

But not until Sunday

Man U are at home tomorrow vs West Ham. If they win that they will have 65 pts and go above Chelsea on 63 pts. If Chelsea then beat Liverpool tomorrow then they will go to 66 pts.

If Man U lose to West Ham, then if Chelsea beat Liverpool, our game on Sunday would be a dead rubber.
You are forgetting Leicester in all this.

Chelsea beat Liverpool then Leicester can't catch them. Lowest Leicester can finish = 5th. Lowest Chelsea could then finish is 4th. So CL secured if they beat Liverpool

You are forgetting Leicester in all this.

Chelsea beat Liverpool then Leicester can't catch them. Lowest Leicester can finish = 5th. Lowest Chelsea could then finish is 4th. So CL secured if they beat Liverpool

Ok. Cheers for that

So 7th guaranteed (at least), more points than last season, reached the Europa league knock out stage (at least) all whilst dealing with a crazy long (and interrupted) schedule, the supposed 2nd season syndrome, other teams supposedly working out how to play against us. All in only our 2nd season back in the top flight!

What an achievement what a fantastic season! Every player in the squad deserves the freedom of Wolverhampton, Nuno just deserves to be given the place, give him everything rename it Nunohampton.

My only gripe is that a global pandemic has stopped us supporters enjoying the last bit with them and letting us show our appreciation but boy this team, manager, coaching staff they've all done us proud!

So 7th guaranteed (at least), more points than last season, reached the Europa league knock out stage (at least) all whilst dealing with a crazy long (and interrupted) schedule, the supposed 2nd season syndrome, other teams supposedly working out how to play against us. All in only our 2nd season back in the top flight!

What an achievement what a fantastic season! Every player in the squad deserves the freedom of Wolverhampton, Nuno just deserves to be given the place, give him everything rename it Nunohampton.

My only gripe is that a global pandemic has stopped us supporters enjoying the last bit with them and letting us show our appreciation but boy this team, manager, coaching staff they've all done us proud!

I prefer Espiritohampton but the suggestion works [emoji23]

Pretty much spot on but it will feel odd that in a week and a bits time we could be looking at an improved season but ending up with no Euro football. It will add a tiny bit of disapointment initially. I know we can do it via the EL but I just doubt we will be strong enough to get past 4 teams and maybe a QF is the best we will get.

It absolutely has been an amazing season for all the reasons you describe - European football for next season is huge though. Harsh as it seems, without it, we’ll have gone backwards.

Still three chances to get it though (6th, 7th and Chelsea win the cup, we win the Europa), so hopefully we will have European football and it will have been the best season of my football fan lifetime (so far!)

Taking the odds off Betfair we're 7/5 to finish 6th, 8/1 to win the Europa league and Chelsea are 8/11 to win the FA Cup. Our chance of playing in Europe next year is (1 - the chance of all three not happening). So our chances of being in Europe next year are significantly better than 50%. Edit: back of the envelope calculation says 70-75% chance

Thanks ND - I’m not a betting man, so do they think we are probably going to finish sixth, but arsenal are favourites to win the cup? (And the europa is too early to tell)?

Back