• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Who will win the Championship play offs?

Who will win the Championship play offs?

• Norwich City

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Middlesbrough

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Brentford

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Ipswich Town

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

FrankMunro-371

Reaction score
Wolves may have just missed out on the play offs, but who will win them. I think Norwich City will.

I both think and hope Norwich will. If it wasn't for their vanity project managerial appointment in Adams they would have won the league, much better for us that they aren't around next year. Boro would lose their loanees, Brentford lose Pritchard and Warburton leaving puts a question mark against them next year. Murphy has had his season in the sun, so I cannot see Ipswich improving next year either and they weren't anything better than solid this year.

Its wide open with a local derby over two legs anything could happen, you would think Ipswich would have more bottle which matters more at this stage. In the final again its the team that can stay calm under pressure. Ipswich for me.

Ipswich have limped into the playoffs with some outrageous luck. they are shit and I hope they get slaughtered

Brentford. They were all over Boro when they played them at Griffin Park, Boro wont get away with it twice.

I can see Ipswich beating Norwich.

1. Norwich have the squad
2 Bora have the defence
3. Brentford have the momentum
4. Ipswich have the manager play off experience

I can see Ipswich squeaking past Norwich if they dont lose at home. If Norwich win at Portman road it will be them in the final. Brentford need to put the tie to bed in their home game. If not Bora at the riveRside will be too much.

Predictions

Ipswich 1-0 Norwich 2-2 Ipswich

Brentford 2-0 Bora 1 -0 Brentford

Final Brentford 3 Ipswich 2 AET

Yeah I want Brentford to win, but from a selfish view as Tony says, I want it to be Norwich. Don't like Boro or Ipswich.

So Brentford Norwich final and I am happy!

Brentford. They were all over Boro when they played them at Griffin Park, Boro wont get away with it twice.

I can see Ipswich beating Norwich.

But Boro disposed of them 4-0 at there place earlier on in the season.

I want Norwich to do it on the basis they'd be very strong still next season, just can't see Ipswich beating them over two legs.
Every time I've seen Ipswich this season they've been average at best. I think the Brentford v Boro tie is hard to call but I think Boro will just edge it.

image.jpg

Got a quiet moment at work, so worked out the mini league between the four.

Obviously, results from September don't hold much bearing in May, but Middlesbrough's record is very impressive. I can't oppose them, but losing to Fulham and drawing against Brighton is not promotion form.

If they buck their ideas up, they should do it.

The Ipswich v Norwich tie is very similar to our tie with Albion in 2007, two big rivals with one just dropped out the PL with a strong squad and the other making the play offs on a shoe string budget.
I think Ipswich will push Norwich but I think Norwich extra bit of quality will see them through.

Norwich for me - they have the squad & good form in the last few games so have some momentum. (& of the 4 would rather that they were the ones not here next season)

I'm kind of on a winner. If Norwich go up, that's the best team out of the way for next season. If they lose in the playoffs, I get to enjoy the tears, angst and shouting for a good month...

I can see Brentford doing it, they seem to have finished the strongest of the 4 after a rocky patch when Warburton's forthcoming departure was announced. Boro haven't looked too convinced when I've seen them against other top sides lately, Ipswich lack the quality of the other 3 and Norwich don't look quite as formidable as they did a month or so ago.

On a slightly related note, is there any benefit to winning the league versus coming in second? Both get automatically promoted. Do the champs get extra money?

On a slightly related note, is there any benefit to winning the league versus coming in second? Both get automatically promoted. Do the champs get extra money?

They get a trophy. Any prize money will be minimal.

That's kind of lame. They ought to get something more than a piece of plastic (or metal or whatever they use for trophies these days).

Only benefit of Auto (whether 1st or 2nd) is a couple of weeks advantage over who comes up in the playoffs, but seeing as how the transfer window isn't open its pretty academic

They get a trophy. Any prize money will be minimal.
Don't second get a trophy these days? I think it was brought in a couple of years ago because both of the other promoted teams got one....bit like school sports in the late 80's!

Back