• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wigan (A) 27/09/16 : build up thread

Bod rested and Cav up front on his own then.. Interesting.

Interesting to see how Cav gets on up front, also shows Walt doesn't have much faith in Gladon

Byrne and ALF start for Wigan

Jacobs and Davies on the bench

Interesting to see how Cav gets on up front, also shows Walt doesn't have much faith in Gladon
Gladon is only going to work in a standard front two. Can't play the striker role in this shape

I think it is Costa up front with Teix and Cav on the wings. Pleased to see Silvio in for CBJ as he risks being knackered playing all of the games at this busy time.

Slightly surprising selection but it could be amazing, and I am very glad that Saiss and Prince are there to do the midfield job. Slightly less enthused about Dave Edwards, but I have to be fair, I felt he played very well on Saturday. Fingers crossed and lets remember Wigan are fucking wank.*

*they will now win...

I thought Dicko might be on the bench tonight. Still it looks a strong starting eleven with good options.

Encouraging that Batth/Iorfa is the preferred CH partnership now.

I think it is Costa up front with Teix and Cav on the wings. Pleased to see Silvio in for CBJ as he risks being knackered playing all of the games at this busy time.

Slightly surprising selection but it could be amazing, and I am very glad that Saiss and Prince are there to do the midfield job. Slightly less enthused about Dave Edwards, but I have to be fair, I felt he played very well on Saturday. Fingers crossed and lets remember Wigan are fucking wank.*

*they will now win...

You've done it now paddy...!!

Any news on why Mason is out of the 18?

No emergency is loans isn't doing Price or Hause any favours. Right down the pecking order

I just don't think Price is THAT good. Never understood the love-in personally. Nice beard, and that is about it.

I think it will be a fluid front 3 a la Klopp's Liverpool. Must let the full backs do their stuff for that to work and if right we could destroy Wigan.

Agreed - Cav and Costa can both definitely play anywhere on that front three, and Teixeira can play either side. If they all turn up today they should to be a nightmare for Wigan's pretty mediocre defence. Byrne's at right-back!

Costa could have Byrne for fucking breakfast, and then Cav can join in as well. This experiment could be amazing or a bit shit. I don't sense middle ground about it!

Back