• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Olympics

A superb performance - nearly a second ahead, which in this event is a lifetime.

I actually drove home in a storm to watch it rather than go to Tesco and buy myself my weekly supply of beer!
I was delighted and just a bit choked, and I know fuck all about sledging, tobogganing, Bobsleighs, Skeleton sliding and the Luge.

How come we have a world champ at this and no one at all in the one where you go feet first?

I actually drove home in a storm to watch it rather than go to Tesco and buy myself my weekly supply of beer!
I was delighted and just a bit choked, and I know fuck all about sledging, tobogganing, Bobsleighs, Skeleton sliding and the Luge.

How come we have a world champ at this and no one at all in the one where you go feet first?

Clearly we breed feisty women over here - don't like laying down on their backs & taking it

Interesting bit of gossip picked up during the Ice Hockey...

"There are over 2,500 journalists, technicians and cameramen over from the States covering the games. How many does the BBC have?"
"Just over 100."

Very interesting article here that answers that question:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/26200509

In a nutshell, we're good at the skeleton bob because we sorta invented it. We don't bother with the luge because some countries teach it in schools from age 6, and there is no way we can catch up with that experience level, whereas you aren't allowed to start doing skeleton until you are 16, legally.

Pretty unlucky for Elise Christie, 1cm out and disqualified. Sad to hear she's been bullied of twitter, there really is done absolute rubbish hiding behind keyboards out there.

After a few good first days we've turned rubbish. :(

Watching it this morning and I was wondering to the curling competitors have an inferiority complex at the games.

Seeing as virtually every other sport at the games if something goes wrong you have a good chance of serious injury (ranging from breaking a bone to death), whilst the worst they will get is a sore arse if they slip over.

Woohooo! Jansrud won the Super-G this morning.He's a huge Liverpool fan tho so it doesn't really count! ;)

Snow-boarding was ace to watch but where the fuck did they find them commentators, absolutely terrible like Tydlesley and Townsend on crack.

Snow-boarding was ace to watch but where the fuck did they find them commentators, absolutely terrible like Tydlesley and Townsend on crack.
"So much drama here! It's like a half price meat sale in Lidl" was their lowest point.

Very interesting article here that answers that question:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/26200509

In a nutshell, we're good at the skeleton bob because we sorta invented it. We don't bother with the luge because some countries teach it in schools from age 6, and there is no way we can catch up with that experience level, whereas you aren't allowed to start doing skeleton until you are 16, legally.

Good spot Billy and thanks. Good post.

According to North Korean TV this is how the medals in the Olympics have been split so far:

North Korea 46 gold
Russia 46 silver
China 46 bronze

:burp: cheers!

I'm pretty sure the North Korean TV-people have been taken out back and shot for not putting NK up for 46-46-46.

Meanwhile in the real world things are picking up for Norway again,2 gold one silver today and we have 7-4-7 so far (sorry Kim Young One.)

Meanwhile in the real world things are picking up for Norway again,2 gold one silver today and we have 7-4-7 so far (sorry Kim Young One.)

You forgot to mention Great Britain knocking out Norway in the mens Curling Play Off match!

Yes, I did wonder if he was about today...:icon_wink:

Back