• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Olympics

I enjoyed the mass biathlon event. At last there actually seemed to be some snow, which was sort of a basic requirement.

I enjoyed the mass biathlon event. At last there actually seemed to be some snow, which was sort of a basic requirement.

It's always fun,changes all the time through the race.

Same with the Ice Hockey defeat to Russia today? Norway aren't doing very well in play offs today NFB!

We're not good at all when it comes to ice hockey so that's no surprise.We've won olympic gold before in curling so that was disappointing. :)

Just watched GB Women's Curling team lie down and curl over.

It kind of got me frustrated as they kept trying to not go under until the last end where they had too much to do.

Out tacticked, out thought and I'm afraid, outplayed.

Disappointing waste of a morning really, I really should have gone out with my daughter.

The opportunities that Great Britain set up for themselves were always taken out by an excellent performance by the Canadian skipper. A close game but Canada deserved to win.

I thought it was a good game myself, but each to their own

It was close enough Paddy, but I never thought that GB took the initiative or put the Canadians under enough pressure.
Probably epitomised by the little blonde on saying, "If we don't get them this end, we'll get them in the next..."
Oh will you now? Well Miss you didn't do that either.
Another mediochre (non Olympian) quote was, "I think you (Eve) should put it here, but I'm happy with you playing whatever you think.."
Two very ordinary quotes, reflecting the ordinary mindset of the team which not surprisingly finished off with an ordinary performance.

Even their tactic of blanking the ends so they retained the hammer didn't come off.

I think you are reading FAR too much into it. You don't tell the skip what to play in curling you suggest. As for the other quote, big deal. Put simply the Canadian was exceptionally good so it was impossible to regain the initiative after it was lost in the first two ropey ends.

We added another 2 gold medals today,we're extremely spoiled tho so alot of people are more hung up in the few disappointments we've had.

GB men through to the curling final, Sweden should have won really but bottled it.

GB deserved to win that, should have gone to an extra end where Sweden would have been favourites but their skip got them out of trouble too many times and in the end he couldn't do it every time.

That sounds good.
I'll look forward to watching it later.

It was good - thought it was bound to go to an extra end but their skip misses one shot having played brilliantly and they lose. Fine, fine margins.

Bit peeved that there was no radio commentary on five live or sports extra. I went from text commentary and live coverage on the laptop at work to an update every ten or so minutes on the radio. At least they did the last two stones. It's not often we have a chance of a medal at the Winter Olympics so they could have at least had the tv commentary on sports extra.

Agreed Sniffer. Five live were too busy having a chat with George Graham which was a bit shite.

A good end for Great Britain. 3-3 after 5 ends.

Clearly hurting from Wolf Huntings attack on their skillz from yesterday

Level after 9 ends and Britain have the hammer. A great shot under pressure from the Swiss skip to level it up and keep them in it.

Back