• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Olympics

Helps if you are good at them I suppose, I think they have won the most gold medals in the history of the winter Olympics,

I just checked Summer vs Winter Olympics medals through the ages and I am surprised we have 60 gold in the summer.109 in winter is more what I expected but I expected the gap to be enormous...like 109 to maybe 15-20 in summer.

So we're good at everything! ;)

The Norwegian women who wore black 'sorrow bands' (not sure what you call them in English) Saturday because the brother of one of the women died suddenly the day before the competition received a reprimand from IOC!

'The Olympic games is a time of joy and happiness not a time to grieve!' was the explanation.

The Norwegian women who wore black 'sorrow bands' (not sure what you call them in English) Saturday because the brother of one of the women died suddenly the day before the competition received a reprimand from IOC!

'The Olympic games is a time of joy and happiness not a time to grieve!' was the explanation.

Good to see a huge global sports body showing such magnificent sympathy! :facepalm:

The commentary on this is abysmal whenever someone British is involved.

Just watched the Summerhayes run - the level of bias and screaminess is beyond revolting. Just hideous.

Two more gold medals for Norway today in the Cross country sprint events,and one silver.

The men's final was crazy,three competitors taken out in a downhill stretch and one who had given up avoided that and took a bronze. :)

Germany's Felix Neureuther was in a car accident travelling to the Olympics apparently,suspected whiplash injuries.

The commentary on this is abysmal whenever someone British is involved.

Doesn't bother me at the Olympics. I think in this case it's because they're all mates and we're generally such underdogs.
And we all love it when those funny South Americans do their "Goooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" routines, or when those crazy Scandis give us a bit of "Maggie Thatcher, Winston Chuchill etc"

I can see why the BBC has to be neutral in something like the Six Nations, but I can't see much wrong with a bit of bias and overenthusiasm on this occasion.

Germany's Felix Neureuther was in a car accident travelling to the Olympics apparently,suspected whiplash injuries.

Hope he's ok to compete. Felix v Hirscher is what I'm most looking forward to.

Yarny Army.

She'll fall off in her final run won't she?

A superb performance - nearly a second ahead, which in this event is a lifetime.

The coverage was good today I thought. I can accept bias and enthusiasm, constantly roaring into the microphone as they were doing earlier in the week is just shit broadcasting.

The coverage was good today I thought. I can accept bias and enthusiasm, constantly roaring into the microphone as they were doing earlier in the week is just $#@! broadcasting.

Apart from Amy Williams constantly talking about herself and 'her' medal.

Brilliant performance from Lizzie Yarnold.

I enjoyed watching it today, seems a sport we've conquered. Only disappointing thing from a spectating perspective was how easily she won, would have loved a nail biter.

Back