• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-0 Chelsea: Verdict Thread

The handball decision was absolutely transparent and a clear indicator that the refereeing in this league is absolutely corrupt, as bad as the penalty decision against City. The league is now manufactured, the decisions will always go in favour of the 'big clubs'. I don't think I;m renewing next season, I love watching my club but I'm at the point where I refuse to pay the thick end of a grand to watch bent fucks make sure the status quo isn't upset. It's fucking disgraceful and nobody seems to want to do anything about it.
100% agree.

My interest is waning each year now (obviously I don’t have a season ticket) and with the “decisions” that have gone against Wolves all in favour of the big clubs it just gets disheartening.

I rarely get up or stay up to watch the game live anymore.

Well you’d hope it gets invested somewhere in the squad so you’ll see that on the pitch. If by see you mean it being credited to your account, you’ll need to find a different hobby

None of it will be invested on the pitch as we've seen quite clearly over the past 2 years they've no intention of even spending the profit we make.

None of it will be invested on the pitch as we've seen quite clearly over the past 2 years they've no intention of even spending the profit we make.
That’s not what I’m saying. Basically some money is getting spent on the the pitch, that’s coming from the club (or we will say Fosun as they have control on the spend) if we earn 6m less due to league position as an example they may well then spend 6m less as the money will need to come from somewhere.

If we’re moaning about our owners being tight arses then giving them less money is only going to mean they spend even less, no?

But back to the original point, to say you’d be happy for us to play the football we did first 3 games, or be more adventurous and finish 17th is bonkers

It’s a bit of a pointless discussion because the situation would never happen. We literally gave up zero chances, missed sitters and conceded freak goals.

That doesn’t continue. You either start scoring more and everyone’s happy or you start conceding more whilst still finding it hard to score and everyone’s moaning.

Swashbuckling football and 17th place don’t exist

That’s not what I’m saying. Basically some money is getting spent on the the pitch, that’s coming from the club (or we will say Fosun as they have control on the spend) if we earn 6m less due to league position as an example they may well then spend 6m less as the money will need to come from somewhere.

If we’re moaning about our owners being tight arses then giving them less money is only going to mean they spend even less, no?

But they are spending based on transfer fees received rather than profits. We can only go off recent events which is how the club is being run, with a net spend of 0. The amount of money we make from gate receipts and TV is completely separate, unless you think they'll start to sell players and not replace them at all, which is a sure fire way to completely piss off your customers.

The chances of us finishing 17th is pretty much zero either way. We'll end up in midtable and we would likely finish around the same position if we are a bit more adventurous going forward, however the entertainment value is much higher.

The way we've played this season in large parts is very similar to the way we played last season when a large % of fans were quite rightly unhappy with the style, myself included. I was especially annoyed yesterday that we had an opponent missing plenty of players, to the extent they had people playing in positions they've never played and we just sat in to nick a point, whilst i froze my bollocks off.

That resulted in some slightly hyperbolic statements but I stand by the point that the way we are setting up is shit to watch.

I get what people are saying with regards to logic would say if we played like that every week it would turn, but if it hadn't in 3 games he'd have been sacked imo. Big balls to 'trust the process' from there. I do find it strange he hasn't managed to find a middle ground though

I get what people are saying with regards to logic would say if we played like that every week it would turn, but if it hadn't in 3 games he'd have been sacked imo. Big balls to 'trust the process' from there. I do find it strange he hasn't managed to find a middle ground though
I think he did find a bit of middle ground with games against Watford and half an hour of Brentford. The subsequent collapse against Brentford made him very pragmatic imo. Somehow he needs to get back to the Watford games style.

First time I've seen the handball, from that it looks like it deflects from his chest and then hits his arm. Irrespective of where the arm is, then that's not handball in the current interpretation of the laws. Similar situation to Bournemouth away 3 seasons ago and Mepham. It's a shit interpretation, but technically not handball if it did hit his chest (only seen the clip posted above)
My interpretation is that Kante actually moved his arm towards the ball, probably involuntary. So irrespective of whether the ball popped up off his chest, for me, that movement of arm to ball, makes it a handball and a red card. Even Tuchel, judging by his reaction, thought so. The question I ask myself is, if that was an old gold shirt would it have resulted in a handball decision and red card? The answer, you bet!

100% agree.

My interest is waning each year now (obviously I don’t have a season ticket) and with the “decisions” that have gone against Wolves all in favour of the big clubs it just gets disheartening.

I rarely get up or stay up to watch the game live anymore.
I completely see the points made here, and likewise the frustration is that I fear we will never score a normal goal again…ever! Which is quite preposterous.
All football fans want is a level playing field but we know that ended years ago and now we’re engulfed in a system that feels like a bias towards the big six.
Christ I’ve lost count now how many times we’ve scored and it’s been chalked off by VAR in the last few seasons, perhaps it levels out but somehow we do seem to be on the wrong side of a lot of marginal decisions. It’s so soul destroying.
From my vantage point in the NB quadrant Kante’s movement did look like he misjudged the bounce and the ball strikes his arm in ‘an unnatural’ position stopping it going through for Pod. Now whether it came of his body first I could not and have not seen, I only know that if that was us the decision would have been scrutinised and with our luck we’d have been down to 10 men for 60 odd minutes.
For the good of the game I certainly want to have the correct decisions, but even with technology there is still inconsistent subjectiveness and this is what people are seeing..irrespective of the results and how we play, a number of our games have become a series of contentious decisions and talking points, and this is one of the things that is putting people off. If you feel screwed over

MOTM Neves….he is simply an outstanding footballer

I genuinely thought that VAR would help to *irradiate potential corruption, or at least the the implication that it existed, but it's added to it.

Edit: *eradicate, Freudian slip etc. :ROFLMAO:

VAR shouldn’t exist. Although I think it probably does get more decisions right than wrong there remains too many issues with it and all it has done is shifted the talking points for the benefit of TV audiences.

In the stadium yesterday….we scored, everyone had taken turns to congratulate Podence, the goal music had finished and they had announced the scorer. Then the flag goes up. I had to wait for an internet connection to find out who was offside, there was no indication that VAR was in play. As it happens, it was the right decision and Raul was offside by a clear margin and had clearly attempted to play the ball.

As for Kante. It looked obvious in real time, it looked obvious in the highlights. He moved his arm out where it shouldn’t have been and the ball hit his arm. If it was a penalty against Moutinho then Kante’s was a red card all day long. I don’t even know if it was checked by VAR because I was in the stadium and we don’t get told.

VAR is a stain on the game, it hasn‘t added anything…just shifted the focus of any controversy.

What the fuck is this?

A new poster seems to be giving the forum the benefit of his cartoons of Wolves games. I would imagine this one shows a Wolves supporter who was upset at a goal being disallowed turning into the incredible hulk.

The incredible hulk is a fictional character of a bloke who when he gets angry turns green and grows to an enormous size.

A new poster seems to be giving the forum the benefit of his cartoons of Wolves games. I would imagine this one shows a Wolves supporter who was upset at a goal being disallowed turning into the incredible hulk.

The incredible hulk is a fictional character of a bloke who when he gets angry turns green and grows to an enormous size.
I enjoyed that, thank you.

VAR shouldn’t exist. Although I think it probably does get more decisions right than wrong there remains too many issues with it and all it has done is shifted the talking points for the benefit of TV audiences.

In the stadium yesterday….we scored, everyone had taken turns to congratulate Podence, the goal music had finished and they had announced the scorer. Then the flag goes up. I had to wait for an internet connection to find out who was offside, there was no indication that VAR was in play. As it happens, it was the right decision and Raul was offside by a clear margin and had clearly attempted to play the ball.

As for Kante. It looked obvious in real time, it looked obvious in the highlights. He moved his arm out where it shouldn’t have been and the ball hit his arm. If it was a penalty against Moutinho then Kante’s was a red card all day long. I don’t even know if it was checked by VAR because I was in the stadium and we don’t get told.

VAR is a stain on the game, it hasn‘t added anything…just shifted the focus of any controversy.
You'd struggle to think of any other industry where they'd persist with an innovation that led all of its paying customers to loudly chant fuck said innovation every time they came to see the product. Idiots running the game assuming the gravy train will last forever whatever they decide to do.

Back