• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 0 Rotherham - verdict thread

We're very limbo at the moment but I suspect we wont see the revolution and overhaul that is needed pre-season. We're not even in a transition or progressive spell such as when McCarthy had Mcindoe, Potter etc. There is such a dull morose same feel about it all. We need a Turner who can bring in a Bull, Mutch and few others (On a budget). Somebody we can identify with - a few heroes.

Ikeme made 2 good saves again today, although not on a par with the Blackburn ones but they kept us in the match.

Hopefully Weds win their next game so that they also have nothing to worry about or play for & will be guaranteed a 6th place - we can all just enjoy a nice afternoon soaking up the sun whilst 22 players run around meaninglessly

I was hoping that they lose that game against Cardiff next week, and need to beat us to get in the play-offs, to be honest! They'd bring thousands, the place would be jumping, the drama might even create some much missed excitement!

Jesus Christ, I feel sorry for those that go, the bloody scores say it all.

I'd rather watch us loose having scored a couple than watch a game with the same score as before kick off.

I was hoping that they lose that game against Cardiff next week, and need to beat us to get in the play-offs, to be honest! They'd bring thousands, the place would be jumping, the drama might even create some much missed excitement!
This. They have already sold out the SBL and the Quadrant, although they won't get any more tickets. Let's at least see a game with something on it. The Top 2 is going to the final game so we won't be on television.

As for yesterday, I didn't go but reading the reports it seems we played ok, but quite correctly there is a lot of cynicism due to what has gone before so the reaction is probably worse than the actual performance itself deserves.

Annoyed that Bright was played out of his natural position, he's 17 and getting a game for the first team he needs to get that opportunity in a position in which he is comfortable. I wonder whether the 17 year old Robbie Keane would have made the breakthrough he did shoved out wide?

The sun fooled me into only wearing a t shirt and sweat shirt and I was frozen yesterday. 40 minutes into the game I suggested we done one and went for something to eat at George Wallis. That was far more interesting, and warmer, than enduring the rest of that non goal fest

Jacket thought Henry was the best player...

This. They have already sold out the SBL and the Quadrant, although they won't get any more tickets. Let's at least see a game with something on it. The Top 2 is going to the final game so we won't be on television.

As for yesterday, I didn't go but reading the reports it seems we played ok, but quite correctly there is a lot of cynicism due to what has gone before so the reaction is probably worse than the actual performance itself deserves.

Annoyed that Bright was played out of his natural position, he's 17 and getting a game for the first team he needs to get that opportunity in a position in which he is comfortable. I wonder whether the 17 year old Robbie Keane would have made the breakthrough he did shoved out wide?

They normally put two games on live last day, so if Cardiff beat Wednesday this weekend we will definitely be the other live game.

I wasn't at the game. I didn't follow the matchday thread or listen to the game on the radio/follow it on SSN. I haven't watched the highlights. I've not read anything about the game (including the verdicts in this thread). I think that's the first time ever.

That is my current level of interest.

When I saw the result, I sighed to myself - thought "that's predictable" and moved on.

I hate the fact that the club/team/manager have put me in to this current mindset. It's probably the first time in the 25 odd years I've supported Wolves that my interest has waned as much as it has (and that includes the Hoddle years) right now.

I have to tip the cap to the supporters who travelled up to Hull the other week when the game was on a Friday night and on TV, only to see us lose with the last kick of the game. I started to watch it on the TV and after about half an hour my attention had started to waiver. It's a sad state of affairs but that's how it is and worst of all, I've no idea who to point the finger of blame at!

Sorry for the life story. I just clicked on the main page of the forum, realised this thread was 3 pages in and I hadn't even read anything about our fantastic 0-0 draw with Rotherham!

I wasn't at the game. I didn't follow the matchday thread or listen to the game on the radio/follow it on SSN. I haven't watched the highlights. I've not read anything about the game (including the verdicts in this thread). I think that's the first time ever.

That is my current level of interest.

When I saw the result, I sighed to myself - thought "that's predictable" and moved on.

I hate the fact that the club/team/manager have put me in to this current mindset. It's probably the first time in the 25 odd years I've supported Wolves that my interest has waned as much as it has (and that includes the Hoddle years) right now.

I have to tip the cap to the supporters who travelled up to Hull the other week when the game was on a Friday night and on TV, only to see us lose with the last kick of the game. I started to watch it on the TV and after about half an hour my attention had started to waiver. It's a sad state of affairs but that's how it is and worst of all, I've no idea who to point the finger of blame at!

Sorry for the life story. I just clicked on the main page of the forum, realised this thread was 3 pages in and I hadn't even read anything about our fantastic 0-0 draw with Rotherham!

Agree with every bit of this as it is exactly the same for me.

I checked the score at half time and full time and didn't read the match day thread or see any highlights. Literally could not be arsed. The on-field antics are beyond boring and the manager is the biggest dullard in the League. The season is scorched earth and the club is in limbo. I don't have any faith in the recruitment team or the Board and expect next season will be just as bad if not worse.

We'll be lucky if we hold on to our decent players. We'll be extremely lucky if we get bought in the next 12 months, and unbelievably ridiculously lucky if we get bought, get a good manager and get promoted within 2years like we did back in 2006/2008. Not likely.....

So it looks like we may settle in for a few years of Championship dross. Great.

Back