• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Bournemouth: Verdict Thread

Moutinho shouldn’t be starting now especially as a nothing number 10. Cunha is not a 9 but could be very effective off a striker.
This is the crux of it.

However, even then, too many of them did not turn up or underperformed. Can't get away with carrying multiple players, don't care who you are.

Trying to put a silver lining on it, if there was any complacency setting in that should be well and truly booted out of them by JL.

Still think we'll be ok but I'd rather they didn't try and make it as dramatic as possible.

Lost our way completely second half. Endless floated or underhit crosses. They had one chance, took it and didn't have to do much to hang on. Got to do better than that, we were poor in the end and deserved nothing.

They are still shithouses and the ref never got hold of it, that isn't why we lost though.

Perhaps we are not as good as we think we are.

Most annoying thing is we've undone a lot of our recent good work by losing this. Back in a relegation dogfight and looking over our shoulders again when we had the chance to pull away.

Lot of poor performances today, and the tactics once falling behind were very disappointing. Awful crosses, static movement, terrible set pieces. One of those games where our lack of a proper striker has been shown up crystal clear. I also didn't think Bournemouth were that bad to be honest, forced us wide and defended well + goalkeeper dealt with what was required. They're clearly not very good - they could have buried the late chance and there was a few pullbacks they should have done much more from - but Bournemouth did what they had to.

Bad day at the office, they can happen. Other teams haven't done us many favours either. Need to bounce back and pick up points from a few more challenging fixtures.

Perhaps we are not as good as we think we are.
Or perhaps today was a bit of a one-off under Lop.

I'll say again that I think missing Lemina (and therefore having Ruben back in that deeper position) really neutered us. With Mario coming back next match, I think we'll be fine.

Hwang sat behind me, he’s a miserable fucker and didn’t seem to give a shit. Still missed him though.

Hwang sat behind me, he’s a miserable fucker and didn’t seem to give a shit. Still missed him though.
Gotta be a weird feeling watching your team lose like that, not able to do anything about it.

Gotta be a weird feeling watching your team lose like that, not able to do anything about it.
If he’d have actually watched it yeah.

A note for the linesman on the Steve Bull side. Couldn't make a decision on incidents 1, 2, 10 or 20 yards away from him. Incredible to watch. Like having Indecisive Dave from The Fast Show running the line.

I'd have lamped Dawson up front in the last 10. If all we were going to do was chuck the ball into the box more in hope than expectation, he's probably our biggest goal threat.

Look y'all know I just have to stick up for my boy :LOL:

Flitted In and out of watching, looked like we dominated the ball but created very little.

Cunha is not a number 9, we need to really look at ways to create more. There’s been talk of the balance of midfielders we now have, factored in with the amount of wide players we have we should be more creative than this…

One of those days, watch is get 4-6 points from next 3 games in classic wolves style

A note for the linesman on the Steve Bull side. Couldn't make a decision on incidents 1, 2, 10 or 20 yards away from him. Incredible to watch. Like having Indecisive Dave from The Fast Show running the line.

I'd have lamped Dawson up front in the last 10. If all we were going to do was chuck the ball into the box more in hope than expectation, he's probably our biggest goal threat.
We should’ve signed Kieffer Moore for that 😉

So dispiriting that this is still our main route to goal, especially when we go behind and lose composure
I'mma say something controversial...

Are these moments (when we lose composure) not when we should be expecting Ruben to put his foot on the ball and calm things down?

Dreadful. Signed the likes of Nunes, Sarabia and Cunha to be difference makers and none of them offered anywhere near enough.

By no means writing any of them off, they have flashes of quality, but it's never in areas that matter, and never leads to anything.

Nunes today was Hwangesque at times

Back