• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Bournemouth: Verdict Thread

“Mr. Ferguson, we know you want to sign that Ronaldo lad but he just doesn’t have Premier League experience!”

“Mr. Ferguson, we know you want to sign that Ronaldo lad but he just doesn’t have Premier League experience!”
And that Haaland fella, rather have Ashley Barnes.

Most of our players were a bomb scare under Lage - even Neves clocked off some days . Right now , if you look at the teams that people are choosing for Fulham - they are nearly including Collins .
Collins has a mistake in him - but I'd still have him ahead of Kilman . My belief is that he will be a fine player in time and has already shown us enough to prove that . He never hides either - unlike some of our other far more expensive purchases from outside the PL .

Are you referring to Castro - as in Jonny Castro ? Two serious injuries behind - very hard to blame him if the legs are gone . Not agreeing with you there .

As for long winded - most posts here are no shorter than mine - no idea where you're coming from there .

It's just a discussion point , which I'm standing over .
Neves clocked off? have a fucking word, he absolutely did not!

Diego Costa?
Sorry - yes it was Diego Costa he was referring to . No different to Castro , he doesn't have the legs anymore . Just gone past it like a lot that reach that age .
The players I'm referring to are the likes of Nunes , Guedes , Semedo , Cunha ( so far ) , Trincao , Will Jose , even Podence .

I'm not saying it's cut and dried , I'd just like to see more players being bought who have decent Premier League experience ( excluding players who are well past it ) , reasonably established players .

We just seem wedded to the idea that all purchases must be foreign based .

Buying from the UK tends to be vastly more expensive and difficult to leverage. Anyone from the Championship or SPL is a complete random gamble as the gap in quality is so massive.

From your list, Guedes, Trincao and José are just awful players, Guedes being the worst of them. Podence has been ok for us given what we paid. Semedo has been too in general, we overpaid for him but that's not his fault.

Sorry - yes it was Diego Costa he was referring to . No different to Castro , he doesn't have the legs anymore . Just gone past it like a lot that reach that age .
The players I'm referring to are the likes of Nunes , Guedes , Semedo , Cunha ( so far ) , Trincao , Will Jose , even Podence .

I'm not saying it's cut and dried , I'd just like to see more players being bought who have decent Premier League experience ( excluding players who are well past it ) , reasonably established players .

We just seem wedded to the idea that all purchases must be foreign based .
We are wedded to the idea of a certain individual having too much influence on transfer proceedings. Last Jan was good but kidding ourselves if thinking Mendes wasn't involved.

Buying from the UK tends to be vastly more expensive and difficult to leverage. Anyone from the Championship or SPL is a complete random gamble as the gap in quality is so massive.

From your list, Guedes, Trincao and José are just awful players, Guedes being the worst of them. Podence has been ok for us given what we paid. Semedo has been too in general, we overpaid for him but that's not his fault.
I reckon Cunha will eventually fall into the Semedo category. Nunes is the player I have no idea about how he will turn out. Could star here or fail spectacularly.

Back